Possible New Aerie

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Luxe

Re: Possible New Aerie

Post by Luxe »

Jessibean wrote:Wow, Rachel, I didn't even take the redraws into account -that's a good thing to point out. And most of those redraws are fairly new... the darkmatter and hydrus are particularly lovely, and I'd hate to see them get completely ruined =/ I wonder if Jag is keeping that in mind at all...
That really depends on your definition of "fairly new." The aerie hasn't had any new colors since before Sooki left Subeta in early 07.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

They feel so much newer, probably because I remember critiquing them here on Neocolours xD I still really adore the redraws, however, and I wish there was a way for the new aerie to be compatible with them.
Opatchi

Post by Opatchi »

The new Aerie is wonderful - the old was was really really cartoony and I just didn't like it. This one is much, much better and the earring was a nice touch.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Haha, I remember that the DM aerie was being drawn when I joined staff - that was about three years ago now? The redraw aeries aren't too bad, though.

I remember when Jag first showed this one to me, though, and I was all 'OHNOES I LOVED THE ONE YOU DID FIRST!' But then this one really grew on me and now I'm really fond of it :) I've had a pet waiting for the aerie revamp for ages now!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Hm. Uh nice? The front legs, the toes, look ackward and round, and don't seem to be pressing against the ground, back leg looks odd as well..haha, Heilos' redline fixes these issues. And I agree, doesnt look at all like a Subeta pet.
Image Image
ImageImage
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I actually really, really like this redraw. I also enjoyed the previous one, although the pose was a bit strange with the legs splayed out like that. The earring stands out a bit too much to me; either add green decorations elsewhere or use a very light golden/brown for the earring instead. Other than that, and the few anatomy errors that will likely be fixed with the final revamp, I'd say this is the pet I'd be willing to shell out a mystical plushie to get. :3 Or perhaps change Ionize, if I even keep him.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

There are a few issues with this newest revamp, but compared to the first offering (which I absolutely hated) it is really nice. I like that it looks regal and aloof. The bird legs I could do without, but if they just made them look more like actual bird legs I think it would be perfectly fine. I love the details on the wings and the earring actually doesn't bother me much. I do agree that they should add some of that shade of green elsewhere on the pet so it doesn't stand out as much, but I still like the idea of an earring on it. I also have small issue with the tails. Someone in the news comments said it looks like it sat on a couple of chipmunks(I think they said chipmunks) and now I can't get that image out of my head. Even before I read that comment though, it looked like the revamp was sitting on a fur rug or something. It just doesn't look like a tail(or tails) in the position it is in. Beyond the actual placement, the color brown chosen for the tails makes it look like a fluffy pile of crap. I prefer this proposed revamp a million times over the current version as the art is old and IMO way too cartoonish on the current version. I do agree that there are still a few tweaks that need to be done though to make this a really truly and honestly awesome pet.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I really like this. I guess my only real concern is that it's so elaborate - it might be cumbersome to make multiple colors, and it doesn't fit in with a lot of the current artwork.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Last attempt ---> Official version

Revamp for the Aerie finally went through, though now the Aerie is known as the Irion. I like the new name but it will probably always stay an Aerie in my mind.
The feet/legs still look really strange, but I like this revamp in general. I'm glad the feathers ended up staying as I loved them, but I know quite a few people didn't.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like the new version, it actually resembles a gryphon now. I simply love the face, and the general coloration. However, I am not sure I care for the new name, I look at it and can't help but see iron, not irion.

I am wondering what the hydrus irion will look like now that this one is so different from the old.

*Edit* Does anyone have a listing of the other colors? Subetahq hasn't updated yet, and neither has minionmatch. If either of them updates before I get an answer, then this question is null.
Last edited by Nectaris on 06 Oct 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Duskfeather is pretty now! The yellow legs are going to take some getting used to -- maybe I'll give her a paint job. (Though, really, Duskfeather works well as the name of a Dusk pet.)

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get used to Irion, rather than Aerie. (How is that pronounced, anyway.)

I'll be interested to see if I need to repaint my Bloodred Aerie. Being Bloodred is part of his backstory but if the new Bloodred Aerie is all dripping blood and gore, it's really not going to work for him.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Looks like the aerie revamp finally went through. :D Good for it. I like that it wasn't majorly changed since I liked the last revamp the best, but I can see a lot of other people not being happy about it. :/
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Itty bitty gripe..front legs look more like a hand than a bird foot. Yea, I know birds don't hold their back talon like that..but.

Overall, decent revamp. don't have one of my own. The name change, is expected ,as it was, it was too close to Eyrie.
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

What I do find somewhat amusing is that I suspect the Aerie was renamed to Irion so that the name looked less like the Eyrie, but the most plausible pronunciation I've seen so far is Eyrie-on.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I like it, but I hope they don't change the Hydrus version very soon. I like Monsoon the way he is.

Irion is a nice name. I pronounce it similar to Orion, and I have a particular affinity to that constellation. :3
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage