New Color: Nuclear

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

It seems now that everything has been found. Here they all are:

Image = Image+Image
Vibrating Nucleus Gel = Dark Light Potion + 50HP Healing Potion

------------------------------

Image = Image+Image+Image
Essence of Plutonium = Cauldron + Viper Fang + Chemicals

Universal Antidote = Naga Fang + Common Rue + Empty Vial

Supercritical Core = Universal Antidote + Essence of Plutonium + Vibrating Nucleus Gel

Now for the main one,

Image = Image+Image
Nuclear Potion = Supercritical Core + Bottled H2O
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

::gasps:: I finally have the perfect color for Chivato, my evil scientist Charlie! ^_^ I will have to wait a while, though - they're way too expensive right now. And I am way to cheap ;)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Well - I was hoping they would release a 'toxic' or 'neuclear' color, but I have to say I'm extremly disapointed in this. I would have thought a color like toxic would at least have warranted a pose change like the other non-colorfill colors. The same regular poses really make these pets lack any real individuality or spunk that the color could have given rise to.

I agree with others on that the colors are far too bright and it would have made the scheme much more interesting if there had been a greenish fog behind them, or green ooze dripping from them, or something.

I won't be getting one of these pets. :(
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I don't mind a bit that there haven't been any pose changes, I love most of the pets standard poses so I like seeing an interesting colour in them. A number of my favourite species (Aeanoid, Devonti and Tutani) look much better (at least in my eyes) in their non-redraw poses.

On that note, I love the Tutani! And in that case I think the aqua eyes work well...not as much on the others.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I don't like it, simply because the radioactive symbol on all but the Escalade looks like a small Lego boat propeller. They look ridiculous.

I'm not fond of the yellow accent some have, few have the right shade to look complementary.

Overall, the only one I'd get is the Escalade. Not only does it have a nice symbol, but the numbering is perfect on the foot bands. I don't think I'll have room on my future pet lineup, sadly, but I'd definitely consider it if I did.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I like the concept, just not too sure about the actual product it produced. Some of the pets look okay. (I like the Popoko and the Escalade especially) but others just look bleh. I agree that a pose change would have been nice as well as a better color combo on most. The yellow is too harsh in contrast to the greens used. Some goo or fog would have been nice as well and I totally agree that the symbol on most pets looks nothing like the nuclear symbol should. I actually didn't even realize that is what it was supposed to be until someone in this thread pointed it out...that's how bad they look. A clean up on some of the coloring and the symbol might make these pets "better" IMO, but I doubt if I would ever get one.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really need most of those components for my gallery - they're v.v.pretty.

Fortunately, given how expensive they all are right now, I do not need them immediately. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

What's interesting is that despite all the hubub over the new items, I have an Empty Vial, a Common Rue, and a Field Hunting Knife in trades that no one whatsoever has offered on.

Interesting.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I think a lot of people are waiting until prices stabilize somewhat. I looked through the most recent trades a bit ago and almost every lot was potion components. People were asking(what I feel) ridiculous prices for items that have very low rarities. I admit that I dumped a few 50 HP Healing Potions into my shop last night to make some sP, but I was the only one with them in my shop...the rest were all at unbuyable prices. Maybe everybody is just too tired to wade through the pages and pages of potion components to find your reasonable ones
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm actually not even sure what a reasonable price for them would be. I'm tempted to dump them in my shop for 100k, actually.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I have the same problem as Wingsrising, I just got a Riisan from the Wiz and no clue what to sell it for.

(Anyone interested in it? I'm coming back to Subeta until I get my Nuclear Endeavor, and I'll go back into lurking.)
checkers

Post by checkers »

Dark Light Potion + 50HP Healing Potion used to be the cheapest items I knew x.x now they're UB! -hates the way random items can change drastically- Most of these items were on my Harry Potter gallery wishlist, such as Naga Fang + Common Rue + Empty Vial + Cauldron + Viper Fang + Chemicals, it's going to make my gallery a lot harder x.x

Hm, I'll wait a few months before buying things.
Edit: OOooh. on the plus side you can get them from the lab. :3
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I was curious, so I went to check the prices for some of these items....

Good Lord, am I glad I didn't want a Nuclear pet. :?

I actually really like most of the pets: the colors seem a bit... um, "flashy" (for lack of a better word) on some of them, but pets like the Endeavor came out very nice in these colors, IMO. I do wish these were redraws, though; there was so much potential for cool "freshly mutated" poses.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

cursed quests might be worth doing again to try to get some of these items. if i remember correctly, dark light potion is sometimes given out there at night, with the chances of getting various things with "dark" in the name. i used to do them right before maleria's for just that reason.

i think i might start visiting the crane that gives out spell ingredients too.
colettecop

Post by colettecop »

I quite like the Nuclear pets, though I think the glowing eyes look kind of weird on the pets with huge eyes. :P None of the pets really catch my eye (except the Endeavor--gorgeous!), but I'm glad this isn't a redraw color. I really hope for a Sheeta in this color -- I LOVE the Sheeta's regular pose but at the same time would like more than a colorfill for mine. :)

But what I really want to know is: can you get Nuclear from the zappers? :shock: