RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: Mom gets laid off due to "administration changes". Double Woe: I get fired because my mom's former company owns my former company and they "just don't see how it will work".

On top of this my car died last week and I was planning on leasing a new one. Not going to happen now. Also I start college in 3 weeks, thankfully I have a full scholarship, but I currently have no way to get to my campus. Life sucks right now.
Image Image Image
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Woe: Although I finished NaNo in time, my story wasnt finished. It was more like halfway through. And I've fallen back into my old patterns of writing the story in my head, but not being able to get it on paper or deleting all the new stuff I write. So my story has become stuck halway through. :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Woe: I've been sick almost all week. No energy, lots of blah.
Achievement: Finally starting to feel better and will hopefully be significantly so by the time we leave to see family.

Woe: Christmas will be a tight pinch for us this time, yet again, so probably no presents for my in-laws side.
Achievement: It won't be like this forever, and we'll actually be able to see everyone without being indebted to my parents.
CallyKariShokka

Post by CallyKariShokka »

Achievement: Adobe finally accepted my 'proof of student position' and has given me an educational discount on their products. XD Woo! Photoshop!

Achiement numbuh two: I actually got all my relatives and close friends gifts this year. On time. HUTTAH! 83

Woe: I am completely unsure if I passed all or, really, any of my classes this term. ^^;;
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Ridiculous annoyance more than a woe-

I kept trying to call my mom this morning- she's a teacher and on Christmas break so I figured she'd be easy to reach. Called home, called her cell phone, no answers, and I really wanted to know how old one of my little cousins and what kind of toys he could have because I generally have NO CLUE about early childhood development... Yeah, sure, he's almost two, that doesn't help me that much. I had a few other things to ask, too.

Well, some three or four hours later, my dad calls me back. Oh, yeah, she was in the hospital, still drowsy from anesthesia, routine procedure, no big deal, yadda yadda. You'd THINK someone could have told me! *rolls eyes*
TCD

Post by TCD »

Woe: 2+ feet of snow. I hate snow, with a passion.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Woe - My sisters, who are visiting for TWO WEEKS, are the most annoying beings on the planet. I have no time by myself AT ALL, which I need or else I start going into hysterics.

Woe - Freaking brand-new, updated Windows Media Player 11 can't play MP4 files. I can't listen to my newly-bought rock songs on it.

Woe - Meanwhile, iTunes can't play certain Project Chaos songs. I want to play my revamped Sonic tunes, dammit. ;_;
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

We put one of our cats to sleep Friday morning. He was old (at least 15 years) and the vet said there was some kidney problems that wern't curable, so my mom made the decision to put him down... :( He had a good life, though.
M&M:
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Aw, Lavender, I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm glad he had a good life, though, and was loved right up to the end.

My woe: I'm spending Christmas alone. My family was thinking of visiting me here in Paris but it didn't work out (what with the cost and my dad getting a new job, although that part actually would have worked out as he doesn't start until after New Year's, and the bureaucracy of getting passports for five people). My sister is coming on the 28th, and that will be fun, but on Christmas Day I'll be all by myself. I'll probably drown my sorrows in tea and internet games :P The best way to not be lonely will be to distract myself, but I would've liked to celebrate Christmas properly too.
lynmar

Post by lynmar »

The Cheshire Dragon wrote:Woe: 2+ feet of snow. I hate snow, with a passion.
We have none at all right now. Usually we do, but oh well. Good thing for where I live. I hate snow as well.

Achievement: I got my new iPod screen after a freaking MONTH of waiting.
Woe: The iPod isn't even working.

Achievement: I got a new hamster yesterday, named Zinnia. =]

Woe: My mom couldn't find the Converse shoes I wanted for Christmas.
I'm not sure what it is yet: She got me different shoes and I have no idea what they are.
formally known as lynnk/423789 other names.
Mac

Post by Mac »

woe: been sick all week :( everyone has the flu.

achievment: this year was the first time in years I was actually prepared for xmas, online and off =p that's a good feeling.

another achievment: I got tickets to the red hot chilli peppers concert on jan 26 ^^ gnarls barkley is opening, I'm so freaking excited <3333
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Achievement: My hamsters making me laugh because she think's the hay I put in for her bedding is food, so she's trying to hoarde it, and then getting confused because there's more of it.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Woe: Cat scratched my lip, spent 3 hours in the hospital today. Ended up with 7 lovely stitches that I have to have taken out in 7 days, when I'm in Florida on a school trip.
derp
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I love Youtube. *Goes back to watching old episodes of Kids Incorporated*
Image Image Image
CallyKariShokka

Post by CallyKariShokka »

Biggest yay EVER: I have KINDER SURPRISE EGGS.

I havn't had these in YEARS. A relative in Israel sent a bunch over and I have it and they're KINDER GOODNESS. 83

*hoards eggs* 8D