New Pet! The Sage! (Renamed the Mahar)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I really quite like it, I think the face is awesome, the earring is sortof weird but I guess it gives.. character. I like to think the jewels are just part of the creature, not external things.

I don't really like the jewels on the horns, but they'll grow on me. The problem has to be the position/anatomy.. it's just.. bizarre and makes the pet look rushed.

I don't think this makes up for the Dragon thing either, not that I care about that all.. in my eyes it's still an ugly pet with a stupid name.

I hope you add the Sage to your dragons on Subeta picture, Aqua. ^_^
checkers

Post by checkers »

Yay, I love these type of dragon, they are nicely drawn, but a few things at frist confused me, like it's tail, back leg thing, at first I thought it had no feet and was kind of a floating Spirit Dragon, like the Eisregen. I think it's a good species ;D

I might be getting one I'm not sure, Neuclear, Gold and Common are by far the best. I don't like the Arid, Dawn or Cream though, the body scales are lighter than the scales seen by the neck D: Shame because Cream is lovely, just the neck scales bother me. x.x

Redraw poses I'm sure will be great ^_^ Good job Jill. (I think?)
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Twofold Black wrote:It's in the database now. The gold one appears broken because the image is misnamed ('golden' instead of 'gold'); per our instructions I entered it with the 'correct' filename, since it will presumably be fixed (Subeta most likely assembles pet image file names from their component parts when it needs a pet image, rather than storing a list of file names).
I don't think Keith ever checks that when he uploads a pet. ;) I've fixed it. The color itself is called Golden, but the URL needs to be species_gold.gif in order to work. It's...confusing.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oh yeah, I forgot. The name of this species distracts me, Sage reminds me of Sage and Onion stuffing that you have with chicken. xD I should call one andOnion.

/randomness
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

adi_gallia wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot. The name of this species distracts me, Sage reminds me of Sage and Onion stuffing that you have with chicken. xD I should call one andOnion.

/randomness
XD I swear we didn't mean the herb.
sage
noun, adjective, sag·er, sag·est.
–noun
1. a profoundly wise person; a person famed for wisdom.
2. someone venerated for the possession of wisdom, judgment, and experience.
–adjective
3. wise, judicious, or prudent: sage advice.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oh yes, I knew that definition (really!), but when I think of sage I think of the herb rather than the wise person. xD Sometimes I forget things, but I know that I knew it, it's kind of like some stuff I did in school earlier down, I'd say I don't know what a soliloquy was, but if I heard the definition I'd remember that I did knew it really.

I was wondering why it would be randomly named after a herb.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

adi_gallia wrote: I was wondering why it would be randomly named after a herb.
Because burning sage smells like pot, of course! Or so I'm told.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Hmmm. I'm a bit torn on this pet! It looks so awesome, I love the jeweled stomach and the earring. But something about the snout (?) looks a bit off. It looks like someone punched it really hard and it got a bit flattened... But I do love how the name and appearance match, the Sage looks like some creature of myth or a really old being that's like the animal equivalent to the wise old man. Ya know the guy who knows everything? And always talks in riddles
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Twofold Black wrote:Or to put it another way, give us a crocodile! Need snaggly teeth!
Crocodile! Fangy teeth! Om nom nom.

Oooh, Now I see it as a raccoon kind of :o I remember the oooooold terracoon. Now that was weird :D

Edit:

I think it was named Sage because the original dragon looked old and wise, so that new word would fit well I think :3
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Sage Elixirs haven't been released yet, huh? :( I was hoping to have one on hand before tomorrow in case I really did want to turn Commedia into one after the Galactic version is (I assume) released, since those are only available for a few days a month.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I hate to waste tokens, but I'm going to zap Rukbat in hopes of a Sage, because my bets on elixirs coming out in time for Galactic (if the color is even released for the Sage) and going buyable are ... very slim.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Matilda_

Post by Matilda_ »

I love everything about it.
To me, the jewels aren't 'embedded' as if shoved in until they sunk, or the skin was split and shoved in the wound. It's more to me like the sage was [b]born[/b] with the jewels. They are a part of the sage. I just guess they hate the celinox too. Shame.

I must get one for myself. I'm especially fond of the Golden. It's kinda like a temporary spectrum if you ask me due to the multi-colored jewels.

Thank you JILL!! LOVE THIS PET!!!
Fever

Post by Fever »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Sage Elixirs haven't been released yet, huh? :( I was hoping to have one on hand before tomorrow in case I really did want to turn Commedia into one after the Galactic version is (I assume) released, since those are only available for a few days a month.
Im anxiously awaiting the elixirs too! ^^ I definitely want to own one of these pets, and as I have a lot of non-finalized pets right now, I will definitely turn one into a Sage once they are released :)
kerg

Post by kerg »

Ooo, I really love this! So so shiny, and the color combinatons are great. The redraws will be super awesome, I'm sure. The anatomy on it is kind of wacky, once you point it out, but I love it enough to get one anyway. Add me to the list of people waiting for elixirs!
I'll probably be changing Keroberos (yes, I got the name from Cardcaptors), this pet just seems to fit him so well. He was created as an Archan, to match his name, but I haven't really liked any of their redraws.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I... I... I... don't like it. I want to like it, since the old Dragon was one of my favourite pet on the site (now I hate it meh), but each time I look at it I see tons of shiny eyes. And the top of the head and the ears reminds me of a cow. And I was sure it was an Experiment at first. Uggh. :| But eh, everybody loves it.