Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by TCStarwind »

I finally got it! The elusive fish negg on gravity (and after missing two power neggs on previous games, too). This took way too long. D: I have to start getting ready for work in an hour and I haven't even done my quests yet. :< I wanna sleeeeep...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

SIGH. I gave up on Gravity mode and went to play Classic instead... AND FINALLY got a Fish Negg.. had about 580 points and then promptly crashed into the wall.

Gave up and challenged Abigail. Oh well. I hate this game so much.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

So I just tried gravity mode. Yeah...

I fucking hate this game.

{eta} For once, public bitching helps me! Went back to Classic/Hard and got TWO fish neggs in on game :P Now I can kick back and not play this game ever again.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Ugh, I just ended up challenging Abigail again.

The best I got was a power negg and I just didn't feel like playing anymore. Whatever, didn't like any of the prizes anyway.

I wish Faerie Bubbles would've been the Double Dare instead.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I decided to try one last time for tonight, and on my first try (classic mode, hard) I got a Fish Negg and some green, grey, etc. to give me a score of 712! :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

...and now I'm all caught up, whew!

I was really hating Faerie Bubbles until I tried the avatarstarried guide. VERY helpful. :) And I did also finally get a Fish Negg on Meerca Chase gravity funnel. I had one before, but I slipped uncontrollably to the middle before I could reach it. :p
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Pterattack today:
Spoiler: open/close
Abigail- Image
AAA- Image
Lulu- Image
I have won WC pieces in this game a couple of times, and my high score is well above AAA's score, but I was out of practice and had to play quite a few times to get back into it before I scored over 1700 points.

It does feel kind of unfair that you can get a better prize for beating Lulu if you pay out real money and not because you had to work hard to beat the score. I don't actually like any of Lulu's prizes all that much, at least.

Some tips: There is a very big difference between powerups and how useful they are. My favourite is the orange fireball one, on its final level it sends out three wide bracket shaped beams which kill off a lot of enemies at once. Second favourite is the purple boomerang, though it only sends out two big boomerangs on its final level and doesn't clear the path straight in front of you. The blue and green ones are fairly useless on later levels as they can only kill one enemy at a time.

Stick to one area of the screen- I tend to gravitate towards the edges, although they're harder to escape from when the grarrl emerges.

Hold the space bar down- I don't think there's any disadvantage to doing that and it saves thinking about firing when you need to pay attention to moving.

You do get points for shooting the grarrl though you only stun it and don't kill it. You don't, however, get points for killing white dactyls.
Neopets wishlists: here
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

daisybell wrote: You do get points for shooting the grarrl though you only stun it and don't kill it. You don't, however, get points for killing white dactyls.
I had no idea about the white ones. I thought they were worth more, but I guess maybe that was the last version.

I beat AAA pretty easily today. My high score is 2940 but it took me about five tries to top 1700 since I'm also out of practice.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yesterday, I was playing that game for lulz and struggled to get 200.

This morning, I get 1900 on first try.

What the hell is wrong with me? :P
chocolatefairy13

Iggy wrote: What the hell is wrong with me? :P
Do you really want us to answer that? :wink:
j/k :P
Kari

Post by Kari »

Also, if the white ones crash into you, you don't lose a life even though you make the "life lost" sound.

This is another game that likes to hate me: I'll pick up the fireball weapon and not get any more powerups for that for the rest of the game, or it'll give me four in a short span of time. I've got a love/hate relationship with all shmups anyway :D
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I definitely need the fireball weapon to win! I had built it up to its final stage and was at 1555 or so, and then I accidentally grabbed a purple boomerang. I died. I managed to get 2235 a couple games later, though. I wish this had been the double dare; it took me a lot less time than Meerca Chase did.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

YAY, CUP!
When you guys post the prizes, think you could include their names as well? It makes it so much easier to buy the prizes since it saves a trip to Jellyneo. Thanks if ya could :D

And yay, I beat AAA! This is quite shocking, since I am horrendous at this game and prior to today, my high score was something like 250 points.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

It took me a couple of tries to warm up, but after I got back into the groove I beat AAA pretty easily :3 Just needed my trusty fireballs xD I've never really been a huge fan of new Pterattack - the old one was my favorite game on the site for the longest time! But still, that was kind of fun.

I too would like to request the names of the prizes get posted :O It helps me a lot when I want to buy things xD
chocolatefairy13

I played it over and over and couldn't get past 200, but then I figured out what was going on and ended up scoring just over 1,700! :D

Question: If I bought one of the 30-ticket packs for the NC Challenge, I could go back and challenge Lulu at, say, Turmac Roll?
Even if I bought the tickets during the last week of March I could still play all of her challenges?