Layout 'n all that

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Quote most others when I say the colors are pretty but really hard to detect the difference in.
But the banner is just plain awsome :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Poogles, yay!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Oh, I know, I had the same problem- it was mainly a stopgap thing. I can't do a multiply floodfill on orange with blue (you get a murky brown) so I just wanted them in any kind of blue so I could then change the shade. Plus, by the time I'd finished uploading all the icons, I didn't actually have any unread topics any more, hee. The icons definitely weren't final, as you could probably tell by how big some of the filesizes were (all <1kb, originals >400 bytes aside from the larger ones on the index).

which reminds me, must make an announcement and see what that looks like read and unread.

edit: done, colours darkened. Moving on to installing some mods now, I think.
edit2: topic title on index added.
edit3: view pm you're replying to added.
edit4: colour of topic title changed, bolded.

Let me know if anything starts playing up- if you get any weird errors or pms won't send and so on.
Last edited by Jazzy on 18 Mar 2006 04:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

*wakes up at 5:30 and comes on*

O.O

SQUEE!

Nice banner, and I'm really glad it's changed to blue - it's a nice color.

Also, it appears that you used different Neopets in this banner (Darigan Zafara, Maraquan Scorchio, Halloween Yurble, Plushie Korbat, Tyrannian Lupe, and Darigan Eyrie).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's pretty. And, there's quick reply! But, am I the only one for whom the text only takes up 2/3 of the screen going across when I read the threads?

On the index pages the text stretches to the full screen but on the threads the leftmost third of the page is grey.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Wingsrising wrote:It's pretty. And, there's quick reply! But, am I the only one for whom the text only takes up 2/3 of the screen going across when I read the threads?

On the index pages the text stretches to the full screen but on the threads the leftmost third of the page is grey.
It's the same here too.
derp
VanillaCoke

Post by VanillaCoke »

Kari wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:It's pretty. And, there's quick reply! But, am I the only one for whom the text only takes up 2/3 of the screen going across when I read the threads?

It's the same here too.
Brilliant that the banner is up and this is now 'The Neocolours forum.' but the 2/3 screen is a little annoying.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

This thread is even worse than the others for not using all the screen. This one is only on half.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The 2/3 screen thing is happening to me too. :/ EDIT: Nevermind, no it's not. o_O;

Otherwise, thumbs up! :D The banner looks great, and the all-blue color scheme is a lot nicer.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Woohoo, Jassy fixed it *grin*
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I want to know what is up with the usernames being links that lead to their name in bold being put into the quick reply box...

But otherwise, everything looks pretty snazzy. *polishes quick reply box* Lovely lovely.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yes...that's rather strange! Maybe it's so we can reference others in our replies, (' I'm commenting on that post thelonetiel or Illuen made') just by clicking their names?

But hurrah for the Quick Reply box :D
Last edited by Kantark on 18 Mar 2006 08:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's presumably so that you can click it and it'll insert a name for you, rather than writing "tiel- it's so you can click it". I took it out, though, because right now I'm reeeeally worried about bandwidth and yes, I do care about a few measly bytes.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Plus it gave everyone a name that looked like a hyperlink which looked all nasty.

This is a forum based around aethetics.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Great work, Jazzy ^.^ I hated the orange/blue.