Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Iggy

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Iggy »

Yanmega is the best Bug-type, competitive battling wise.
Scizor wants a word with you.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I like my Crobat. In all gens, I shoot for a crobat early these days. Once even zubat learns bite it's pretty good, but before that it's painful to get it xp with only leech life and supersonic.
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

Scizor wants a word with you.
For some reason, I always forget that thing is part Bug. That and I hate it.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Here's a video of some of the game footage seen in the earlier screenshots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lwFWOKYiI

I'm still not too sure on how I feel about it. My impression right now is that it's all so big, I'm used to pokemon being chibi and squished, if that makes any sense. But that could just be this one area too. I'd like to see more.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I got a feeling that view will only be in certain areas, like special cities or something, like when you go up the lighthouse in SoulSilver/HeartGold. It has a larger view like that.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

The silhouettes of the starter pokemon have been revealed!

Full size:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1644 ... uetten.jpg

The starters in full will be revealed in another week.

I'm thinking the bottom left is a lizard-like fire pokemon, the top middle is a cute grass pokemon, and the bottom right is bidoof on two legs.

Looking like it'll be the first fire starter that spoke to me since Charmander, assuming my assumptions are correct (which they likely are not).

the "flames" could just as easily be leaves though, and the things on top of the middle one could just as easily be bunny ears. Only time will tell I guess!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The middle one is clearly a cute little piglet, therefore it's already my favorite :B (at least I hope it is)

Also I'm guessing the one on the right is the water-type since it kinda looks like a bipedal seal/otter to me... then again the left one could really be any of the three, depending on if you interpret the tail thingies as leaves, flames or fins.

Anyhoo YAY EXCITED. :D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

They sure like to tease. Next week can't come soon enough. XD
From the looks of the silhouettes, the one at the bottom left is calling to me. It's hard to tell which is which for me. I won't make any guesses cause I don't want to be wrong. ^-^; But if I had too, I would go with Madge guesses.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Madge

Post by Madge »

After thinking about it more and reading a couple of sites, they generally tend to show the starters in pokedex order - grass/fire/water, in other words. I'm sort of hoping the water one is a platypus because that would be pretty cool.

Waiting on what the final evolution looks like, though! I don't want to play the grass starter again, but it looks like I may have to. Friggin' grass type sucks but has all the dinosaurs on it :(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

A platypus would be pretty cool. And I like to wait on the final evolution as well cause that's how I always pick my starters usually. More on looks then strengths, I'm so bad. ^-^; Yeah, grass does seem to always get the dinos. Along with rock, ground and now steel for one. Oh and there is a part flying one. But I want some more variety myself. Give me a fire breathing T-rex! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I haven't liked any starters since G/S/C and I'll be kinda sad if the lizardy thing is a grass type again. Didn't we *just* have Treecko? And I have an irrational hate for Treecko (stupid middle evolution getting me all excited, only to see that lamewad Sceptile come lumbering out just a few levels later).
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I'll be disappointed if the grass type is some sort of reptile, only because EVERY grass starter so far has been a reptile. A little variety, please!

Anyway, I was bored so here's my interpretation of the silhouettes. XD

...What? I WANT IT TO BE A BANANA DUCK.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That is awesome, Saturn! I like the duck idea a ton. And the otter is so cute. Now you've set me up for some potentially severe disappointment! ;)
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Love your starters, Saturn! The pig is pretty :)

There's some speculation that the bidoof thing could be a platypus.

I agree with you, Tiki - I seem to like the 2nd evolution of a lot of grass starters more than the third. Grovyle is awesome, as is Bayleef. Their evolutions... not so much.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Saturn wrote:I'll be disappointed if the grass type is some sort of reptile, only because EVERY grass starter so far has been a reptile. A little variety, please!

Anyway, I was bored so here's my interpretation of the silhouettes. XD

...What? I WANT IT TO BE A BANANA DUCK.
Your BananaDuck is an absolute must. I shall now be vastly disappointed if it turns out to be anything else.