Festival of Neggs

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Festival of Neggs

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I didn't see anyone else making a topic about it, so here:

http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/index.phtml

Why the heck are TNT so obsessed with Neggs, anyway? It's been that way since before I was a newbie. Flash games with Fish Neggs, a huge amount of dishes containing them, the Snowager, the Negg Faerie, that Cybunny that gives people Neggs, and now we have an entire festival devoted to them. That is one enormously over-hyped vegetable. (Or are they a fruit? I've never seen a Negg seed... *reflects*)

Anyhow, you can complete a quest here for Kari, the Negg Faerie (whose eyes are disturbing, but I'm not sure why). It's supposed to be every day, but there seems to be no new one for today so maybe it's glitched.

Yesterday's riddle:
There are two types of rocky terrain
In this quartet of Neopian lands
The kind that turns to rubble
And the kind that turns to sand

Solution:
Spoiler: open/close
The Negg is somewhere in Kreludor, Moltara, the Lost Desert or Tyrannia. I found mine at the Wheel of Mediocrity. People are saying you should visit all four lands briefly and THEN start searching the sub-locations within each one.
There's also some kind of NC Mall event going on featuring even MORE Neggs.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Xelio

Re: Festival of Neggs

Post by Xelio »

Seems when you go to visit her your prize is random. A few np, cruddy edible neggs or a wearable BG or a negg bush. I can see much griping in the future if only a slim few lucky people get the wearable items.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm going to guess that since the news went up late yesterday, today they're repeating the first day quest (since plenty of people will have gone to bed before it was even announced), and tomorrow (17th March) will be Day 2.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm going to guess that since the news went up late yesterday, today they're repeating the first day quest (since plenty of people will have gone to bed before it was even announced), and tomorrow (17th March) will be Day 2.
That makes sense! Is it bad that I'm surprised that they thought of that before a flood of questions to the editorial?
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Boooo I want Rosie back!

Well, okay, the negg faerie has otherwise been neglected, but Rosie was one of my favorite characters. xP Bah on them for scrapping her.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Well, so much for my theory...it's now the 18th and no new quest. According to the boards, eight images have been found, so they think there will be a new quest roughly every three days (based on how many days there are until Easter divided by eight images). However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was, say, every Sunday and then one for each of Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday, rather than every third day.

(True story: I once got horribly confused in an RE exam and wrote that Holy Week consisted of Palm Sunday, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday. I have a niggling feeling I might also have put Shrove Tuesday in there. I knew that Ash Wednesday used the ash from Palm Sunday, but it didn't occur to me that it was the ash from Palm Sunday the previous year. I think I just wanted Lent condensed down as far as possible.)
EofS

Post by EofS »

There's a new quest now. It's a bit of a puzzle.

And yeah, I miss Rosie too. Disappointing that she's gone, I hope they'll work her in substantially later.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

New quest activated. Steps (courtesy of the Charter board) are below:
Step 1 -
Visit the Quest Booth
http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml

Go to Fruit of Brightvale
http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?ty ... bj_type=81
and refresh until you see a cackleberry. Click on it (don't worry, it's free). The page will refresh and you will see the next clue.

Step 2 -
Play cheeseroller to win gooey snot cheese and bubbling blueberry cheese. You must WIN these cheeses. People buying are not getting the next clue.
http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=155

Then, mix the 2 cheeses at the cooking pot for the next clue.
http://www.neopets.com/island/cookingpot.phtml

Step 3 –
Play Extreme Potato Counter
http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=226
Count the potatoes in the first round, subtract 4 and multiply by 3. Enter that as your answer. The screen will refresh and show next clue.

Step 4 –
Go to the Cellblock game page
http://www.neopets.com/games/cellblock/cellblock.phtml
Click on Guard One – Galgarrath's nostril until you see the next clue.

Step 5 –
Go back to the Negg Quest page
http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml
I was following along and trying to figure it out. People are so much smarter than me when it comes to stuff like this though. =P

Prize:
I Heart Soup Apron
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Does this look slightly like the start of a puzzle mini-plot to anyone else? :P Of course it isn't a plot because there's no story, but the bit about "buying" items reminds me of Altador. Fun ^_^
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I miss Rosie too! Maybe we should start an "I <3 Rosie" fanclub!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Can anyone help me with the second step? I've played Cheeseroller twice and gone to the Cooking Pot twice, but neither time did I get the next clue. I think I won the cheeses - I rolled them in less than a minute each. Am I missing something?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Did you actually mix the cheeses in the cooking pot, or did you only go there? Because you have to mix the two cheeses (you'll get a third cheese, a Bubbling Snot Cheese) and the page it appears on will be the page with the next clue.

If you've mixed and still have no clue - well then, sadly, neither do I. x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I really liked today's quest, I always loved the puzzle quests XD

I wasn't really active during last years event, so no opinion on Rosie, but it's really nice to see the Negg Faerie getting some attention (and a name, huh)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I have a new found respect to whoever figured this out, let alone in a timely manner. They are awesome!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kamil wrote:Did you actually mix the cheeses in the cooking pot, or did you only go there? Because you have to mix the two cheeses (you'll get a third cheese, a Bubbling Snot Cheese) and the page it appears on will be the page with the next clue.

If you've mixed and still have no clue - well then, sadly, neither do I. x.x
Yes, in fact I now have two Bubbling Snot Cheeses. I didn't get the message either time.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.