As a reward for some of our loyal users...

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Xelio

Re: As a reward for some of our loyal users...

Post by Xelio »

Happily, my pride and joy Ridley is back on my main now and able to be active. (Well, I'll wait a bit to see for sure that age requirement, if there is one). I missed my little darigan zaffy so much. Might bring over my ixi at some point as well. This totally wrecks the loose theme I built with my pets, but I don't care, this is too good of news. I've been hearing people suggest 60+ for the age, but without any solid evidence. I'll wait as patiently as I can for confirmation of what constitutes a "loyal" user.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thank you guys for this thread! I completely missed that little line in the news... I keep going back and forth from "I can't believe it" and "I knew TNT couldn't be THAT unfair to release baby krawks and destroy my pretty." I actually sent in feedback forms about this. This is such good news for everyone. It also shows that TNT is committed to UC pets, so it should stem the speculation on the boards that someday TNT will autoconvert all pets someday because they hate their very existence and haha won't we UC owners look really stupid then. :P I always said that if TNT had not wanted UC pets they would not have gone out of their way to implement a system to have them in the midst of a huge site change, they would have just converted everything and said tough cookies. It's way too far in to ever go back now and this is a step in the right direction of preserving these wonderful pets!

It wasn't too long ago that I saw an UC Royal girl Kyrii boochi'd on the boards, maybe a month tops, which seems even more sad now somehow with the release of this news. For the first year after conversion I had my UC Faerie Peophin as my active pet until enough people on the boards commented and made me paranoid enough to switch her, I can't imagine how hard I'd be kicking myself if something had happened. Now that possibility is over with for good. I actually have a bookmark folder with accounts that have four UC pets, I bet anything the trend will grow! UC pets are now the only secure color-changing RE guard, which gives them another aspect of value aside from their rarity. I wouldn't be surprised if UC pets that usually go for FFQs start going for Krawks and Draiks soon.

And to wind up... YES I put my main account back in order first thing! Crettek is back! Pyromaniac is a little shuffled at the moment but I'm having fun labbing for a bit and that's my only free lab so it will be for now. Crettek is my active for the day but the idea that I can have ANY of my pets active whenever I want is boggling to me. I stopped having Aurea active 5 YEARS ago, way before conversion, out of fear of boochi. I can't believe that's all gone! Boochi has been defeated once and for all.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Wheeee!

This has made me incredible happy. I've been doing dances walking to class and such, and hoping that no one asks why I'm so happy because I don't think I could explain it in non-Neo people terms.

I'm soo excited to not have a fugly labrat as my active (especially as mine is currently a techo blech). Then I realized I could pound surf for lab rats without a complicated system involving a side account while I have a UC active on my main.

Part of me can't believe they actually did this, but I hope the overwhelmingly positive feedback from UC owners makes them start to consider some way to create UC pets.

I am so glad Ailiel that you could have your account back to how it was in all it's gorgeousness. Win!

YAY TNT FOR MAKING A CHANGE THAT MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN!
I was wondering if they had forgotten how.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I've not an account with twitter, but some kid on the neoboards was saying TNT put on their twitter that the changes affect all UC pets, no matter the account age. I don't suppose any of you are more social networked than myself and can confirm?
Subeta - Neopets
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I am and yes, it's all legit. TNT confirmed it by way of Twitter.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This makes me a very happy bunny :D
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Ailiel wrote:I am and yes, it's all legit. TNT confirmed it by way of Twitter.
Thank you for being more wired than I am. And here I thought I'd never care about a tweet from anyone to anyone about anything.
Subeta - Neopets
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I once was like you but then Nathan Fillion joined and my staunch nonparticipation in all things Twitter-related was done for.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I've been talking with a few people who are in a similar situation to mine -- we have a RE-blocker/battlepet combo that is now a bit less interesting to own. Especially for UC aficionados.

Poseidyn's my battle pet. In May my account was supposed to look like this. Glymmer / Laenane / Lanierenna / Poseidyn
Spoiler: open/close
Image Image Image Image
If I put Poseidyn on a side (he's on 12 hr courses so training isn't going to be too annoying) I could have fully UC faerie in two variants (we shall call them option A and B as per Ailiel's smartness):
OPTION A
Glymmer / Laenane / Lanierenna / Webbita
Image Image Image Image

OPTION B
Glym / Lae /Lanierenna / Vxxxxxx who I'm trading for in May:

Image Image Image Image
wut 2 do.

I must say this is an extremely fun dilemma to have. :D :D THANKS TNT IF YOU READ THIS, VERY WINNER!!

ETA labels on the 2 UC account options :D
Last edited by Larkspurlane on 16 Apr 2010 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

An all UC faerie account is one of the things I've always thought I'd love to have. Vicariously this would be pleasing to me. I think option A is far and away the better option and here's why. All UC faeries, so far so good with a theme! THEN you have UC faerie avians as bookends-- another point in favor. And then you have cool-warm-cool-warm color scheme, which looks balanced and really lovely. The second way Lae sticks out a bit too much but Webbita ties her in nicely without any of them being too matchy.

And also the UC faerie Ixi should head off to hang out with Iteralae, I really liked that idea of them as a pair you mentioned before.

Everyone's accounts are coming up UC, I love it! :D
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh faerie pteri , so pretty! But you are trading her out?
YAY TNT FOR MAKING A CHANGE THAT MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN!
I was wondering if they had forgotten how.
^This.

I now have my kau as my active, with the pretty oasis background. It looks lovely and a bit weird. :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Oh faerie pteri , so pretty! But you are trading her out?
No, hehe, she's staying with me -- whether on my main or my bird-themed side is yet to be decided though. (UCs I obtain are always permanent... :D)

Thank you so much for the thoughts, Ailiel. I do like the idea of two avian bookends, and the remarks you made about the colour balances are spot-on! Hmm. The sizes of the pics in my lookup mockups are all kind of messed up, I think this would look better on an actual lookup (the grarrl looks like a giant here). Fixed with lookup image sizes:

My projected setup for May, before this UC rule was implemented. Poseidyn looks so off, his head looks huge compared to Lanierenna's.
ImageImageImageImage
Option A:
ImageImageImageImage
Thanks for reminding me about my UC deers, Ailiel -- got so caught up in the UC faerie theme that I forgot about that pairing. I will definitely keep them together.
ImageImage

So I guess the question is, keep my battlepet on my main or switch with the UC faerie pteri. Either way, nothing is permanent -- so if I get tired of training on a side or what have you, I can always switch back.

So basically I made these giant annoying pictury posts for nothing. HAHA :D
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I wouldn't be surprised if UC pets that usually go for FFQs start going for Krawks and Draiks soon.
^That. Having the upper trading hand is nice.

Lark: I vote for option A. All the way! I love all color themed accounts, even mutant is aestetically pleasing to look at, and you can keep your two goats (I always saw ixis as goats...) together! Plus, I doubt TNT will re-introduce the BD anytime this century, but if they did this for UCs, anything's possible.

Now, if they'd just make the lab rays UC friendly. I'd love to zap some 1.0's!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Count me in as another vote for option A.
Subeta - Neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

This is the best thing TNT's done in a long, long time. Unfortunately, a few of my accounts will be completely unaffected by this (most worryingly, my robot and desert themed ones). But it's still amazing, and I'm very grateful for it. :D I may have to start switching some pets around to make my accounts prettier.