Chocolate and Woodland Peophins

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rah

Chocolate and Woodland Peophins

Post by Rah »

Brought to you by the colour BROWN

ImageImage

There's something about the marbled chocolate effect that I like in the small version in the news, but I'm not sure if I like it this size xD I like the lighter coloured muzzle. The cream looks a bit plonked on, and the hair doesn't look very chocolatey but at least we got a nice chocolate face plate. I feel that there was a missed opportunity in putting a wafer instead of the cheek flap thing!

They both have the exact same eyes from what I can tell - with a murky brown sclera which gives them a kind of blank look. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

I wish woodland had a wooden plate on it's face instead of the gold. Or a leaf plate. Or something that wasn't a lump of metal. The actual wood effect is good - although the rings on the face make it look a bit weak muscled, like the cheek is sagging a bit. The body does look like a nice tree trunk to me, though. There is some great contrast in shading levels. I think the leaves look wonderful, as they did on the acara - beautifully shaded and a nice variety of hues.

I definitely want to say thank you TNT for not giving us a single colour fill here. Good day for peophins, I think!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Chocolate and Woodland Peophins

Post by Jessi »

Rah, I totally agree with you about the Chocolate Peophin! I actually like the smaller one more, though I think the color around the muzzle is gorgeous and really well done.

Woodland is GORGEOUS! seriously beautiful, though I agree about the gold plate. Other than that, it just looks lovely - I love the mane, and the single little leaf hanging from the tail is a lovely touch. What a beautiful pet, so soft and pretty!
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Love the chocolate.
No. I NEED the chocolate. New dreamie.
Looks like a carousel horse.
Woodland is cute too.
Win for peophins!!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Wow I actually really like them both! I think the Chocolate Peophin is one of the better Chocolate pets, I like the marbled pattern, and the chocolate-dipped tail. Woodland is shaping up to be a very nice colour indeed judging from this and the Acara. I love all the leaves, and the wooden effect looks great.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

WOW i was not expecting this!?! both are nice while i would have loved to see a maraquin one i am content we did not get an invisible pet this time.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I called Chocolate (I think), but WL was a surprise. Not bad on the latter, I like.
Chocolate looks slightly weird with the white chocolate designs, but it's okay. I kinda wish the mane was something more exciting. Not that I can think of anything to make it better. xD

Good Peophin day.
Unari

Post by Unari »

I'm planning on trying for a chocolate peophin, since I really can dig the whole scheme for it. The marbling effect is nice, and the whipped cream looks reasonable. I do wish the mane was darker, maybe drizzle-ier like the coating on the tail.

Woodland is woodland, I'm not too huge on any of them yet, though it is pretty nice.

All in all, a successful peophin day!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The white chocolate markings remind me of island, which is a very good thing. I'm not too impressed with woodland, but I wasn't fond of the acara either.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Choco: I love the marble effect, and it works really well, better than a number of chocolate pets ive seen >>
Woodland: I love it! But the leave mane is slightly off . . . .

Overall great colours!
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I think that the artists are using the Woodland color to say "LOOK. WE CAN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. STOP TELLING US OUR OTHER COLORS SUCK."

XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love both of them. If I were still playing, I'd want the chocolate peophin. That's how much I love it. So pretty.
Image Image
Poki

Post by Poki »

The chocolate one looks so yummy. Very nice done. I like the marble effect on it.

I actually like the new Woodland-Style... Especially for Peophin..
Does anyone remember the strange Caption Contest image, which was replaced after coming out? http://www.neopets.com/~Minoucheline <- This.

Everyone was hoping for this colour scheme :) Me included. I love plants.