Sketch and Maractite Usuls

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jamie

Re: Sketch and Maractite Usuls

Post by Jamie »

Maractite is so so pretty!! The only unconverted pet I have is a Gelert and as soon as that is available in this I think I'm going to have to paint him this, it's brilliant! Maractite has always been one of my favourite things on neopets and it works brilliantly as a pet colour. I'm pretty impressed with the colours they have come out with over the last year, a tiny step towards me forgiving them for customisation. (very very tiny). Sketch? Where?

[edit]: These are quite cool as well! Especially the girl.
ImageImage
Haken

Post by Haken »

It's quite nice that there are so many new colours this year.

Maractite looks very pretty, I love the colours. At first I thought the markings were too busy but now I think they are fine as they show up nicely on the smaller image. Can't wait to see more in this colour :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The brush is a Hidden Tower Brush: 4 million np. So, more expensive than royal or darigan, by quite a bit, but given the size of np sinks that Neo needs, not to mention the cost of player-traded brushes, not bad either. I'm pretty sure I like that part of the color too.

Especially since, if they do intend it as a viable new money sink, it probably hopefully might mean that the powers in charge of the artists will keep after them to add new species more quickly than would otherwise happen.

Which might get me my draik before mid-summer next year. *twitch*

Edited to add that the more I look at that Usul's topknots ears, the more I want to snick them off and stuff them in my gallery of prettiful things. @.@
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I love the colors on the paint brush itself and love that it's a HT item. Yay for fixed prices. I've wanted Bru to be pirate... but now I'm torn by that lovely color. Or maybe Grism would look good in it. Gah, it's too pretty to pass up. I'll have to see what various species look like before I come to a decision.

As for the other usul color... sketch is okay. It's sketch. Whoo. /sarcastically waves a "yay" flag
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Huggles like. For some reason I thought this was already a color. It's very Tron-like.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

The new colour is AMAZING! I don't think I've seen such a beautiful pet in... I don't know when. I can't wait for them to release more of this, even though I don't currently have a pet I can see it on. Between this and the fantastic comic panel of Xandra last night, it seems like the artists are having a spurt of brilliance right now, and long may it continue.

Sketch is nothing really special, unfortunately. It feels like they haven't put in the kind of attention and detail that the new colour got, which I suppose is inevitable if they're working to a deadline, but still a little sad. I'd rather have one fantastic colour every pet day than one good one and one unremarkable effort. Also, why does Sketch have shadows? Isn't it supposed to be an uncoloured first draft?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I'm getting a bit sick of them releasing new colours, but I like this one :D It's nice. The neck ruff looks kinda odd, too.

Sketch is alright. Nothing special, but it's alright :B I feel like the paintbrush is missing something, though.. I have no idea -why-, though :x Darn it, self.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Faun

Post by Faun »

Maractite is amazing! It's so detailed and pretty. Also, It won't end up like woodland or relic where everyone wants new stuff to be added to the colour. It's just maractite, there isn't really much that can be added to it.

Sketch is ok, I think the colour could be so much better if it was actually....Sketchy. If you know what I mean.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

OK, so in the last year or so we've had
Magma, Relic, Woodland, Transparent & now Maracite???!?!?!?

Looks like Aisha's will be spoilt for choice next year :P

I love Maracite Usul!!!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh, I'm not sure if I want to hope for a maractite flotsam, peophin or eyrie more. I love that colour! Can't wait for new pets.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Wow, I love that Maractite Usul! The colours and markings are really beautiful. I definitely wasn't expecting another new colour what with the recent arrival of Transparent (man, I would've loved a Transparent Usul), Woodland and Relic colours. When I've stopped being poor (damn you, Magical Marbles of Mystery!) I think I shall paint Squadron Maractite. :D

P.S. Sketch is lame.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*casually lurks*.....

What's this?....another new converted color I like?! Transparent was already wonderful, but Maracite....O_O
Aw, if only Lark were here to see this. :( She would have died of joy to see a maracite uni or peophin.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Usul clothing remind me of Hercules and Xena
Image Image
ImageImage
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Goldenchaos wrote:The Usul clothing remind me of Hercules and Xena
Me too.

And I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be.
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

Dude! Not cool TNT! I totally had that Maractite design 2 years ago xD
I made that for an application for a UC Mara Hissi lol

Granted, lilangel had a Maractite design before me.. but I never saw it till after I made mine and people started complaining that I ripped off her design.
Anyway o_o TNT needs to come out with a Maractite Hissi now! /rant