New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post by Cranberry »

Hi, TNT! I've really been enjoying the puzzles that we have to do in order to tow island fragments back to where Krawk Island was. I've never been good at regular Sudoku because all of the numbers just run together for me. Can we please have a game like this after this event is over? It's so much more fun to arrange little characters or symbols without having to deal with numbers. :P ~rottenangel_82

We agree that it's much more fun to arrange the characters. We're considering making it a site game, but will need to make it dynamic and all that, so it's going to take some time.
From this week's editorial! Yay, glad they're at least considering it (and seriously considering it, sounds like).

I hate regular Sudoku, but I love this one with the characters. It's just easier for me to keep colors straight in my mind than numbers, I guess.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

This one was tough. Over 40 minutes, I reckon. I think it broke my brain, I hope they don't get much harder!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

That's funny, I found today almost trivially easy. The last few have taken me far more effort than this did.

(I presume that not everyone gets the same puzzle each day, though they would of course have to have the same board layout.)
Fury

Post by Fury »

I love these puzzles! I find them much easier than ordinary Sudoku with numbers. I think my brain finds it easier to work out what needs to go where when all the pieces are different colours and shapes.

Today's puzzle took me 19 minutes but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to what will happen after tomorrow.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Odd I'm going to have an island left over unless for some reason they allow us to tow one again tomorrow. As far as I know I didn't ever skip a day, though I guess I could have missed out on the first day or something. That sucks.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Seerow wrote:Odd I'm going to have an island left over unless for some reason they allow us to tow one again tomorrow. As far as I know I didn't ever skip a day, though I guess I could have missed out on the first day or something. That sucks.
Don't worry, everybody has an island left! :)
EofS

Post by EofS »

... I don't think I do? I worked out several days ago that I would run out on Sunday, and indeed I did. Of course I can't go back now to double check, but as far as I remember there wasn't an extra one there. There was a shape which I initially thought was an island, but then decided wasn't (it wasn't clickable).

Or am I going mad?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I got home from vacation and just finished all the puzzles in one go today. So I don't think you can miss one.

(Also: Hi! Missed you guys!)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I definitely have an island left (the two I had today before I completed the puzzle were both clickable).

(Hi Mraaaah!)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I think I have one left, too.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I don't believe I have one left. If you miss a day, you can do two the next day, so there shouldn't be any extras.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

anyone else have a click able island that can't be seen??? i found one and clicked on it and have done every puzzle every day and never saw a new check mark on my chart. nor can i go to my chart and check
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I noticed yesterday that one of my completed islands was still clickable (though I didn't see what it did) but beyond that, I didn't have any islands left.

Is anybody getting anything when they click on the shack? It just keeps reloading the page for me, but Neo has been funky in Chrome over the weekend so I want to check. Edit: Oh yeah, the Neoboards exist. Happening for everybody.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

New Krawk Island!

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/index.phtml

There appears to be a new daily... 'The Governor's Mansion'. You go there and then manage the ropes that are apparently keeping Krawk Island in place by shooting at Giant Squid. Doesn't appear to be any 'prizes' other than that... maybe they are still coming...
EofS

Post by EofS »

Snarkie has confirmed on the board that there's a glitch which has stopped the prizes being distributed. They're working on it.