Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Griffin »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's having a hell of a time loading the battle area, when the site isn't down altogether? The constant instability of this site is beyond me.

I've killed all the statues in left-to-right order but it doesn't look like that's the trick, so far. After killing the Boar, its statue collapsed, but it reassembled after killing another guy. Maybe a certain order.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I finally got the "the site is down" message instead of just a 502 and sadly, it made me feel a little better about the situation. At least now I have the impression that something is being done to fix the problem.

So we have to fight the new battle opponents in a certain order? Hmmmmm....I'm guessing it has something to do with the order Blake referred to them in the news post???
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

I finished the stupid puzzle and found out that the order is different for everyone! So kill one, refresh Room 3 to see if the statue crumbled, kill another. Remember the order and keep going until they're all down.

edit: also I got 3 "staff" items that don't officially exist as a reward, none of which appear to be the two shown on the achievements. Hmm, that'll have to be fixed.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

"Achievement Earned!
You Have Chosen... Wisely
Be among the first 150 to solve the stone guardian chamber in the Saheric temple plot. "

Yay :) Surprised I was among the first 150. I got several items marked "Staff only" as well and two special items that might be the prizes but they don't have any images so I can't click on them.

While I enjoyed this challenge, I feel kinda bad for people who don't battle at all. If someone needs to borrow some weapons you can smail me and I'll see what I can loan you. I have a few legendaries among others.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I don't think I can do this step.

I was gonna make a battle pet in the future, but he's not yet made and neither of my 2 actual pets have any training or weapons or anything.

Does this step have to be done to progress?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Between my bad luck and the site not working, I'll be astounded if I make it in the achievement.

I don't feel bad for people who haven't trained. Battling is almost always present in site events if you want to participate in the whole thing, and these things are super easy on top of it. The worst one has 70 health. You can get a pet's stats to 50 within a handful of days, I bet, especially if you're willing to autotrain, and that would be more than enough for these. Later on I'll test with my untrained pets just out of curiosity--the weapons they're using against me seem easily countered and they do pitiful icons. But first I have to beat them for myself.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I got the first 150 achievement too, somehow. I found my first statue really quickly, but I managed to try every possible combination before finally finding my second step, and then I did the same thing for the third one. Between my terrible luck and the site going down every minute, it felt like I'd been battling for hours, I was sure the achievement would be gone by the time I finally finished. It was frustrating not because I collect achievements and really wanted it, but because I was online right as Room 3 went live (I was in the room, refreshed a couple seconds later, and poof! Statues!) so I figured if I couldn't be one of the fastest for this one, it was probably never going to happen.

Anyway, I'm glad they made it so that the order is unique for everyone; it curbed a lot of the cheating that was so obviously involved with people getting the Room 2 "first 100" achievement. It's one thing to need help so that you can progress with the plot (I certainly did, I never would have figured out that puzzle) but I wouldn't have felt right if I'd followed a walkthrough before 100 people got the prize fairly. Rise and fall on your own merits, right? Ah, well. What can you do but leave it to karma.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

If anyone is rushing to get the first 150 achievement, don't bother. It's run out.

edit: Actually, something's gone wrong, if it says that 0.01% of users have this 150-person achievement but the two 100-person achievements say 0.1% of users have them.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

How do you even figure out the order to go in..
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Look at the temple room every time you beat a statue.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ierosbats, wanted to point out that the answer to Room 2 wasn't put up until after the first 100 people. It was figured out beforehand but both the user who made the sheet and the minimod agreed to wait until afterwards to post it so that those working on it legitly had a chance. People might have shared tips but the whole answer wasn't put up until awhile later.

Edit: Wanted to remind everyone as well you'll have to fight each challenger 5 times to get the special prize they drop. I love the Baby Maera you get from the Chimaera, so cute!
Last edited by Seerow on 28 Jul 2011 02:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I also came to point that out, heh. There was definitely no solution posted on the forums for the puzzle until AFTER the first 100 people had gotten it - in fact, the user that made the walkthrough did that purposefully so the first 100 would have fair chances on their own.

I had to go to dinner so no first 150 on this one, but it was fun to have random IRC friends yell out what I should pick next xD
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Thanks for pointing out about the special prizes, Seerow :D I was sad about initially not getting the babymaera because it's the cutest thing ever!
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

finally figured out my order, got a really cool book along the way and the stone ring for my wardrobe...missed the achievement, but can't really complain. Does anybody know what all the special dropped prizes are?
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Image Broken Stone Wings - Stone Winged Boar
Image Amphisbaena Ring - Stone Amphisbaena
Image Cerberus Bait - Stone Cerberus
Image Baby Maera - Stone Chimaera
Image Baaad Ram Sticker - Stone Winged Ram
Image Winged Stone Book - Stone Griffin