Water Yurble and Uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Water Yurble and Uni

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

I really like the mane on the Yurble, it has a great veriety of colours, and its body has a subtle rippling effect.
The Uni looks great too, I'm glad they made the wings like waves as well, instead of making them the same colour as the body, though the torso of the Uni seems rather plain with just one block of colour.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Water Yurble and Uni

Post by AngharadTy »

I really love the yurble. The uni is all right, but you're right that the torso is just too plain. The mane and tail are neat, and I like the ripples in the feet, but that torso is too distracting.
Image Image
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

Oh man I love the detailing on the yurbles mane. The eyes look especially bright on the yurble, very charismatic. The eyebrow has some really lovely colouration to compliment the blue and green eye. Not to sure about the right hand though, it looks like there is a ice cube where a finger should be.

But I like the uni too. The plain colour on its chest makes it look like a swimming pool with the calm in the middle, splashing water on top and gorgeous reflections on the bottom =D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

tagcat wrote:The plain colour on its chest makes it look like a swimming pool with the calm in the middle, splashing water on top and gorgeous reflections on the bottom =D
Yep, there's a definite pattern emerging with the Water pets - the hair/mane as waves, the feet/lower legs as reflections from the bottom of the sea/pool, and the middle of the body is the vast expanse of water in between. And the Uni has a vast expanse of middle to fill up.

The Yurble is great, easily the best Water pet so far IMHO... the shape of the mane going around the back of the head really lends itself to the wave effect.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The good thing about Unis is they have a lot of accessories which you can fill the middle with - blankets, etc. Dress to Impress doesn't have a water uni up yet, but it'd probably be quite a lot of fun to customise.
Haken

Post by Haken »

The yurble looks really nice, I like the water mane and that most of the body is filled with water reflections.

I agree that the Uni's torso is too plain. It really stands out and takes attention off of the nice water details on the tail/mane/wings.