Transparent and Eventide Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Transparent and Eventide Lenny

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Trandparent Lenny looks really ok, though the addition of bones to the the feathers on its wings doesn't sit well with me. But then I guess feathers couldn't hold any items.

Eventide again steals the show, such a wonderful tint to the wing. And even though the beak is a shade lighter than the head they still added some stars to it. A nice touch.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Transparent and Eventide Lenny

Post by Marah »

I love eventide, even though they made it a very clear gradient fill. Logically speaking the two wings should have the same colours, and not depending on this pose that the lenny just happens to have. Now I'm picturing the eventide lennies, eternally damned to go through neopia in this one-wing-down-one-wing-up pose so the gradients keeps matching...
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Marah wrote:Now I'm picturing the eventide lennies, eternally damned to go through neopia in this one-wing-down-one-wing-up pose so the gradients keeps matching...
Hee hee.. I never would have thought about that, now that mental image is stuck in my head too... -lol-

I'm really excited for the Transparent. I was really hoping for one, I think the bone feather thing is weird too, but agree that they function more as hands then feathers so I guess it's okay.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

The transparent Lenny is probably one of my favorite transparent pets so far - the anatomy looks pretty sound without looking 'empty', unlike some pets that are this color. Though, like NeoDragonfly mentioned, I'm not fond of the finger bones in the wings. I'm willing to overlook that though.

My first reaction to Eventide is that it looks very... blue. More so than the other Eventide pets. I kind of wish that the starry-ness would have been continued onto the neck to prevent so much blue, though I can understand why it was drawn the way it is. My biggest issue is what Marah mentioned - the lovely red gradient on the left wing should also be on the right to balance everything else.
Radarr

Post by Radarr »

Marah wrote:I love eventide, even though they made it a very clear gradient fill. Logically speaking the two wings should have the same colours, and not depending on this pose that the lenny just happens to have. Now I'm picturing the eventide lennies, eternally damned to go through neopia in this one-wing-down-one-wing-up pose so the gradients keeps matching...
I'd like to imagine that the outside of the feathers have the reddish hue, and the inside of the feathers have the starry/blue hue. If their wings are down, they are red to match the bottom half, but if they are up, the stars are visible on them. :D

Edit: Errr, ignoring the fact that stars are visible where the wing folds to hold something. Drat.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I think Radarr's theory is good enough for me.
Also, remember that Rainbow Pteri's official art that is totally awesome and different from the actual one?
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I imagine Eventide pets alter in colour based on how they move... like a sort of fiber optic christmas tree.... if the Lenny's arms were up, they would be dark blue, but if they were down, they would be more red, as if he were reflecting the night sky behind him in a sort of sky camouflage.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's a good point, too.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Two great Lennies here. You guys have already said all that I would've mentioned: the Transparet's anatomy fills the shape of the Lenny nicely and is well implemented, the bones in the wings make sense when you think of its wingtips as its hands.

I've been unimpressed with the light-blue bit on Eventide and the Lenny has a lot of light blue.. but it absolutely works here. I think because the yellow/orange is restricted to the legs (more of a traditional colouring for a bird's legs) and the light blue on the beak contrasts beautifully with the dark blue on the head. The pick of the Eventide pets so far.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark