Elderly Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Elderly Ogrin

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

Well it was bound to happen one day, we have Baby now Elderly.
Both the Ogrin have the same pose, down to the hair and neck ruffs. But they're different colours. They both seem to have striped on their body, which makes me wonder if they're meant to be some sort of extra wrinkle effect. They both have the steryotypical items that are associated with the elderly, the boy has a cane while the girl has a ball of yarn.
I'm not really liking the colour myself, but I'll wait for more pets to be released in this colour before I make up my mind completely.
Laniv

Re: Elderly Ogrin

Post by Laniv »

I'm sorry, what?

Excuse me, but...wow. I think this is the first time I've seen trinkets with a Paint Brush.
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

FINALLY A PAINT BRUSH WITH CLOTHING!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The most surprising thing about this is I thought it was Sunday. "Why're they releasing colours on a weekend?" *headdesk*

And then more questions...

"Why did they want to make the Ogrin's mane look even more like a dustpan brush?"

"Why did they give a quadruped a walking stick?"

"Why did they give knitting to a pet without opposable thumbs?"

And, since the post-revamp Greys have done a pretty good job of looking worn out and decrepid anyway, "Why?!"
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Runic

Post by Runic »

Uh......okay, so this news post wasn't a hallucination after all! (I had been delirious from not eating decently all day, and was slowly losing my mind)
Now that my head's cleared up, uh...wow, what a weird new colour. I feel so uncomfortable. I guess it was inevitable though, considering we have Baby.

I get the feeling that petpage that had all those new colour suggestions (misplaced the link, anyone know it?) is being taken seriously.
Aard_Rinn

Post by Aard_Rinn »

I have been hoping for this color for so frikking long. I was actually just thinking about it yesterday, when I was looking at baby pets. I love it. Such a nice base, and lots of things to fiddle with.

AND THEY STARTED WITH OGRIN. I frikking love Ogrin.

Also, here's hoping they keep up the dysmorphia. I love it.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

"Why did they give a quadruped a walking stick?"
This! He puts it in his mouth or something?
I find this colour unappealing and very, very weird. I can see people wanting it for the clothes and then matching them with another base?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I actually kinda like it! I would have really loved this color before Customization came about since there probably wouldn't have been clothes, but I'm happy Neo finally got around to doing an old color.
I wonder if the eyes on the female are a glitch, as they look just like the standard Ogrins eyes but the male has saggy ones.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Holy Kau...well, it was to be expected, since we have Baby.

It looks okay, but not the sort of pet I would want.

I wonder what they would look like without the clothing? Just flabby, saggy, wrinkly Ogrins?
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Take old people clothes
put them on regular pets
instant hipster colour
checkers

Post by checkers »

I am very pleased this colour was released - always been something I thought would have been cool. I wish they'd released maybe 2-3 different species with it to "launch" it especially as Ogrin aren't up there on my top species. Personally can't wait to see how the Mynci turn out (a little obsessed) hopefully we get a long beard like the old Royal Boy's used to have! :wink: That said I think they're both very cool and I'm glad like with the Royal pets we get gender differences!

I think it's been done very effectively, I like the lengthening of the fur/hair and the wrinkles it's quite a good post-customise colour considering. I agree with above comments on trinkets/accessories :? Not really fitting on paintbrush colours, especially if the pet isn't interacting with the object (ie: holding it) they look out of place being put in front of the pet, especially as the Ogrin as it has been said is on all fours and would have no use for a walking stick.

And yeah, the Elderly Girl Ogrin's eyes were glitched in the news feed image, here's the real thing:

_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

O.o

Weird how only the head is wrinkled and not the rest of the body...
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

You know without the clothes and the hilarious earrings, that isn't so bad.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

I like the base colours for these ones. The rest - meh! And boo, same conformist poses. Oh well.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I think it's cool, and applicable to tons of character archetypes; wizards, professors, sagely kung fu masters, even scary old hobos.