Peophins: Glowing and Water

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Peophins: Glowing and Water

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Image Image

Glowing is pretty standard. The mane is an especially hideous color and isn't glowing, but it fits the color otherwise.

Water is lovely. There's lots of variation in the tones and plenty of "water action" (ripples, splashes, bubbles) without being terribly busy. The face-plate is really nice. I like the splashing/dripping mane (though some of the shape is a bit odd in places, but hey it's a wave-crest) and the wave-breaking tail. Downsides: the head looks slightly disconnected with the big difference in shading from the neck, and the random splash on the shoulder is a little distracting (although i kind-of like it).
Dying_Light07

Re: Peophins: Glowing and Water

Post by Dying_Light07 »

Wow, Water looks just beautiful. I really love how refreshing it looks but if I was to be picky I'd say it might be a little too busy. The mane almost looks icy which is pretty slick.

The glowing Peophin is quite standard, not a bad thing.
niklnip

Post by niklnip »

Glowing Peo is Glowing :I Nuff said.

Water is beautiful, the only complaint I could possibly have for it is that the head seems a tad bit distracting to me. Otherwise, it's amazing. Water pets are definitely a favorite of mine now XD
ImageImage
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Glowing: The usual, but the lack of glow around the mane is a little odd.

Tl;dr - That's not too long to read. :/

Water: I really love how they did the tail and the mane, and the body has some really nice textures in it. Its biggest problem is that the body is actually rather flat - while the details look nice, there's no shading to indicate the shape of the body, and that also makes the head stand out. To quote someone on Jellyneo:
I keep wanting to fill up the water Peophin...
The curve of it's belly and the lighter coloration there makes it seem like a partially filled bowl or glass.
However, if you give it clothes (it looks rather nice with the Royalgirl's robes) it helps give the body depth.

Tl;dr - Has some very nice textures, but the body's a little flat.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Water's very pretty, the shading on the tail and lower edge give it a sense of depth and stop it looking flat. The difference in the outline colouring between the mane and tail helps to give the impression the tail is behind it, a nice touch.

Glowing is lurid.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark