Updated Galactic Kumos and Devonti

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Aqua

Updated Galactic Kumos and Devonti

Post by Aqua »

Image Old: Image

Image Old: Image

The art seems much improved on these guys to me, though I'm wishing the kumos didn't have the new extra neckfluff to the side and that the devonti kept the larger patterns somehow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Updated Galactic Kumos and Devonti

Post by AngharadTy »

I like the kumos overall, save for one minor detail (I don't care for the position of its left hind foot, seeing the pads is somehow jarring--but that's very slight). I actually like the neck fluff you mentioned solely because of a dog I knew whose neck fur liked to poke up, like a lion's mane, very fluffy and strangely adorable. The moon symbols are very lovely.

I like the patterns on the devonti's fur a lot, but I don't like the overly simplified hooves and bendy legs. Like black clay tubes dipped in yellowy paint. Weird. But the face is really adorable. I never really got behind the moon horn (cute idea, weird execution), so this is an improvement.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The devonti legs/feet remind me of the feet/legs in my little pony
Image Image
ImageImage
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

The kumos is a nice update but I don't care for the extra ruff fluff. I noticed something odd about the devonti. As it would happen, I lie down while on my computer. From that angle, the horn looks like a third eye! Try it and you'll see what I mean. It's a pretty funny optical illusion :o
Not all who wander are lost.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Ii like the kumos a lot. I too could do without the extra neck fluff, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

The devonti on the other hand... I'm disappointed that it doesn't look nearly as soft and fluffy as the old one, and I was quite fond of the marble-like pattern on its horns. I would have loved to see that kept and even copied on the hooves as well. I really don't care for the new one's legs either. They look like they don't have bones.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really like both of these. I think the extra neck fluff is adorable and isn't nearly as over the top as some neck fluff out there. I do agree that the paw pads are a bit weird, they seem kinda just stuck on.

I really like the Devonti update. The effect of the fur is great and not something I've seen before. It looks so soft and I want a blanket made out of it. I do kinda miss the moon horn, even if it took me ages and someone pointing out what it was. I think they could have kept the current shape and just added in the moon texture to it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these two updates don't appear to be Arbor's work. Unless she's had a vast style change suddenly, but something is very different but I'm not sure if I'm going insane or have become such an art snob that I can distinguish styles from one another. xD

Because I'd be very sad if Arbor was no longer working on pets for official Subeta art! D:
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

They are both Arbor's work.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I thought so! I'm sorry if I offended anyone; I'm just a bit of an idiot. xD;