Non-neo related art

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Rivka

Non-neo related art

Post by Rivka »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/ ... ground.jpg

So I wont stretch screens. =)

Crits, anyone? Id love to know what I can improve on or where Im screwing up anatomy-wise. I know my shading is kinda wierd, I was testing a new technique when I drew this. Im not sure if I like it or not, what do yall think of it? =)

<33
anzuronamin

Post by anzuronamin »

I like the no-outlines, though I'm a sucker for that. XD;
The only thing I would change is the hand on the bottom ((the one she's not holding up). It has 3 fingers, but I don't know if you meant that. I also just did that pose in the mirror (I do that a lot for pose reference), and you can see the other leg. Just a thought.

Other than that, very nice. I especially like the bird, it came out nice. Good job on the talons. :)
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I also like the no outlinesness. If you were going for "raven," though, it might be helpful to use reference photos, as ravens are songbirds and yours is looking a bit raptor-y. Also, it looks like you put the outstretched hand on backwards--if that is her thumb, it should be on the other side of her hand.
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

Hehe thanks, Im glad yall liked it =D

anzuronamin -- I totally did not even catch the fingers LOL, thanks bunches. I had another leg drawn, but couldnt get it to look just right so I left it off for the time being haha.

Cyaneus -- Thats a good idea, it didnt even occur to me to use refernce photos. I think the raven looks kinda raptorish because I was originally going for a hawkish look, but it kinda morphed haha. And I wish Id realized that bit about the thumb earlier LOL, I hate hate hate drawing fingers and I couldnt get the thumb to look right (it still doesnt haha) so Im glad to know its on the wrong side haha.

Thanks sooo much you guys, you've helped me bunches. =)