Neocolours and The Temp Forum

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Garrett

Neocolours and The Temp Forum

Post by Garrett »

I wasn't sure wether this should go here, but it has got to do with the website so hopefully this is in the right place.

When you do a google search for Neocolours, the old temp forum comes up. I hope this isn't confusing people because they could be joining there instead of here. Maybe we should think about deleting that forum seeing as everyone has moved over here.
Deku

Post by Deku »

I'm pretty sure everyone would see all the locked threads, the notice about moving, and visit the page that's listed right under it in Google. I think it's too much work for Jazzy/whoever when it's not much of a problem.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hmm. I'm not going to delete it because I'd rather not lose all of those posts, but I would prefer if the new site came up first.

Anyone know how to do a google bomb? :P
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:Hmm. I'm not going to delete it because I'd rather not lose all of those posts, but I would prefer if the new site came up first.
Plus it's handy to have it around in case this one goes down. A back-up forum is always a good idea.

I used to know how to do a google bomb, but I have a vague feeling they've since updated the way they search.

Probably the most effective way would be to make sure all the other fansites out there are linking to this new site. Did we get round to making linking graphics and such? Including some which don't use any Neopets images?

Edit: Wait a minute, this site does come up as the first search result. The forumforfree board is the second. I can't imagine many people would see "neocolours.me.uk" and then decide that no, the real address must be the one that's clearly just using some free hosting somewhere.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Oh, interesting- they were the other way around when I posted my reply. Must have had fairly close PageRanks or something.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Strange. I got the Temp Forum as first, and the neocolours.me.uk as 6th or 7th. There was even a way old discussion in the Neoitemsforum about the apparent closing down of Neocolours before it. *shakes head*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I assume the difference is in the Google you're using- Garrett is presumably using the Australian Google, Akjara the German one, and Jazzy and EofS (and me!) are using the UK one.

I don't know how to get around that though.
Neopets wishlists: here
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Yeah, you get this site first with .com too, so I don't think it's really a problem.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

And the .fr one :)
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Not on .nl though (even though it's 3rd place, with the temp one being 1st).

Still, when you consider the number of pages about this Neocolours band, we're doing quite well.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm going to go investigate this band, I think. I wonder what their music's actually like.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Maybe if we ask, they'll make us a theme song. Now how many Neopet fansites have theme songs?! :wink: 8)
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.