Achievements and tales woe?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

Should we bring AaToW back?

yes
62%
no
38%

Total votes: 66

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yep. AaToW had an absolute ton of topics, but it had the most with no replies at all. Writing had fewer topics but with a fair few replies each.
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I don't understand this argument coming up that people don't want to see posts made about finding a codestone, etc. Was that a big problem when we did have AaToW and I missed it? I think any regular members understand that it's reserved for more "worthy" achievements (painting, lab map, beating NQII on Insane). We could put an etiquette sticky up at the top and mention that truly minor achievements/woes (majority of random events) posted would be deleted.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The poll says the majority of people (who voted) want AaToW back. This is a democracy isn't it?
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Do we have the Parent-Child Forum ability here? Perhaps we could have AaToW come back as a child forum inside Misc. And then to combat the "I found a codestone!" issue have a minor achivawoe sticky...
Image Image Image
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Spivsy, Jazzy has been busy with end of year exams, so I can understand her waiting. Also, less than 10 precent of the forum members have voted as of now. Finally, Neocolours isn't really a democracy, it is a benevolent Dictatorship :). If Kamil, for example (don't kill me Kamil) didn't want a AaToW board, she could erase the forum tonight, and that would be that. Even if it was, t hings take time. We should just chill and let Jazzy do things on her own timeclock.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't tend to go on straight majorities; 50-49 is also a majority, but hardly a clear indication of what people want. So, I was actually waiting for a two-thirds majority, because:
- I suspect many people don't mind it as it is and won't vote; the people most likely to vote are ones who want a change.
- I don't normally act on a straight majority- it has to be stronger than that.
- I've had five exams in two days and fiddling with the forum was not my utmost priority.

I suppose 64% is close enough to two-thirds. And while NC may be democratic, I suspect it does not uphold enough of the tenets of democracy to actually be a democracy; don't try and say that it is in order to force me into acting :P
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I know forum stuff is not a priority right now, and this is pretty trifling, but can you rearrange the order of the forums to be something more similar to how it used to be? Specifically, it really bothers me that new features is below AaToW right now. *twitches*
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah, that's a strange glitch in the new version of phpBB, it won't stay stuck in one place until someone posts a topic in it. I actually placed it below Aesthetics in the ap.

edit: and no, just moving a topic there won't work, a new topic needs to be posted there.