Lookup generator, pet/petpet/petpetpet matching

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Lookup generator, pet/petpet/petpetpet matching

Post by Jazzy »

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/generator.php

It isn't linked anywhere yet, because I'd like you guys to try it out first and see if anything needs changing/adding/removing. Pointing out that it's probably not the greatest example of coding ever will not offend me, because this is the first time I've written anything in php, and suggestions for improvement are welcome.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I like it. :)
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

it's possible to put in combinations that don't exist on the lookup generator and get you broken images...though it's not major, unless you were looking through all colours for a pet seeing what looks best...
TCD

Post by TCD »

I like it, though is there a way to make it so you don't have to have four pets entered?
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The only thing is that I'd mention that the order of pets is determined by the name, it is alphabetical.

I might have more to say later, when I'm not half asleep, but that should be good for now.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

I like it. I love knowing what my account would look like if I had those pets, and it is also helpful in deciding pet colours.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

When I did the generator, I was expecting the pets to show up on a fake lookup page ; P It's alright the way it is, but it would look more realistic if we could see the pets as they are meant to be seen and not in a tiny window ^^;;

Fae
whinney17

Post by whinney17 »

I would suggest, if possible, that you could be able to put in a blank pet. Since some of my accounts only have 3 pets. If I'm missing something I'm sorry. Thanks
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Oooh, Fae has a good idea. Jazzy, do you think you could put it on that blank lookup you made for the error pages?

The only other thing is that I'd see if there is a way to arrange the order. Like, a number slot at the end to choose what order they appear in. Not sure how difficult that would be, I can't think of anything off hand that would do that, but might be good to look into. It was a bit annoying to have to sit and think of the names of the pets and what order they would go in. ^^
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I forgot I had the blank lookup code :) Will set that live tomorrow night. As for only having three pets, if you don't want a fourth pet, all you have to do is set them to invisible; I don't really want to make the code for the page much larger with if statements.