Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I think I badly expressed what I wanted to say (it was almost midnight, sorry ^^'). Well, a pumpkin is never round, I know that. What I meant is that the thing which bothers me is that it's more flat on one side. It's not symetrical. (I can't stand weirdly shaped pumpkin, I'm like that :oops: ) I hate writing things when I'm tired. It always end in things which hardly make sense... Sorry everyone for the confusion ^^'. Note to self : Never talk about pumpkins again =P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hehe, well, I can understand wanting symmetry. That makes more sense. I like symmetry, generally; I don't notice a lack of it on the Jubjub here, but that's probably more personal perception.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Float wrote:First off I don't think any color but black would have worked for the korbat.
And the krawk is green, but wearing a sweater and pants, and a mask. Is that what you mean too?
The korbat is hideous. Hideous. It's not just wearing a costume but a freakishly old and ugly one. The krawk to me doesn't look like it's wearing a mask, but instead has half of its skull exposed . It could use a definite update, but I've never thought of it as anything else but bone.
purpleflurp

ew.

Post by purpleflurp »

First time I saw this I was like, 'Oh god, they turned the Jubjub anime style.' Seriously. It reminds me of anime. And sadly, the old one, no matter how boring, is better.
Riss

Post by Riss »

...Ugh.

I love the new look for the Jubjubs, but I -hate- what they did to Strawberry. Too many seeds! Poor Ayamiie. I'm going to have to repaint her.
"Love is the fire of life, it either consumes or purifies."
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I prefer the "real" halloween pets to the costumes, but I also rather wish that some halloween pets would be just plain spooky, random burtonesque things instead of specific monsters and characters. Pets like that evil acara plush toy or something.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

What the fuck did they do to the skunk jubjub?! I had to scroll through the page twice before I realized they hadn't deleted it by accident. It's not even remotely skunk anymore. It's just a lighter version of shadow with a white highlight. How can anyone be this stupid?

ImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Well, at least the artist perfected the Gold Jubjub:

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewclrs.ph ... e=&oldpos=

Shiniest Gold pet I've ever seen.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

:| One of the best Skunk pet now gone... But I think they are gonna change it. It's not announced in the new features...

The Gold Jubjub is great, but the changing eyebrows bother me...
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

roger9614462 wrote:The Gold Jubjub is great, but the changing eyebrows bother me...
Same here. Some poses have dark stroke, some light and one even has both:

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

o_o;; That... is not a well-done skunk. It really looks like they might have messed it up. I hope they're redoing it :/ It sorta almost looks like silver, but not skunk.
<3
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow...for a second I thought that was someone's recolour of Shadow or something.

I'm almost positive that they'll be re-doing that before releasing it, it doesn't have any aspect of skunk at all.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My thoughts:

Skunk: WTF. I, like the rest of you, will assume they're fixing it before its released.
Gold: Except for the changing lines, like some people mentioned, looks GREAT. I think its a fabulous gold pet. One of the bests.

Oh, and there's this now too:

Which, I personally think is one of the BEST rainbow pets ever. And I hate rainbow pets. But its not screwed up rainbow. Its nice and even and not randomly colorized to look like shit. Kudos to the artist that did it.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Well, it would be hard to screw up a rainbow pet consisting of only a ball and some feet.

The problem with most rainbow pets is making the colour sequence fit with the body progression. Limbs and appendages and such are what complicate things. This pet doesn't have that problem. The stripes just have to go down.

It would have been sort of insulting had this one been done wrong.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Kind of like when all you need to do is make the feet on the shadow jubjub white and add a white stripe?

Huggles is sad. :(