Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Heh. It's cracked open and its <strike>red self</strike> guts are showing. I like it. =D

This isn't bad either. I still think that the halloween Kiko is the superior pumpkin, but this is better than it used to be - although I have no idea what's up with the weird-ass expression on happy. o_0
Last edited by Kamil on 27 Jun 2006 02:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

It's... not bad, but not so great either. The pumpkin isn't round! The only pose I like is Hit and Beaten.

EDIT:

The Starry one is a great colourfill, and the Strawberry one is cute. *wants*
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

Okay, strawberry isn't working for me - too many seeds, or something.

And, starry is, well, starry. But I suppose I like the placement of the stars.
=D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Strawberry looks poxy. There's something serriously wrong with those seeds. I like starry's yellow feet - but that's a standard colour scheme for starry anyways.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

That pumpkin Jubjub kicks ASS.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

roger9614462 wrote:It's... not bad, but not so great either. The pumpkin isn't round! The only pose I like is Hit and Beaten.
Yeah, that off-center circle shape for the pumpkin *really* bothers me. And you're right, hit and beaten are the two best poses. I like angry too though.
Starry is very nice, over the years I've really started to hate starry because the displacement of all the stars. Strawberry is "meh", I just think that color is a big waste. period.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Why on earth did they leave the Halloween one as a jubjub wearing a pumpkin as opposed to a jubjub that is a pumpkin? That makes no sense! It's just a red jubjub in a pumpkin! They had the opportunity to make this a worthwhile color and they didn't even alter the color of the costumed jubjub.

What's wrong with you?!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It always was a costume-wearing Jubjub; they shouldn't have changed the basic nature of the pet.

And, you know, on Halloween you wear costumes. They tend to forget that for Halloween pets, but it's kind of nice to see a pet wearing a simple costume.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

No. As funny as the grarrl wearing a bunny suit and a tutu was, I'll have to completely disagree. I don't think any color that only adds clothing or accessories to a pet is worthy of existing. Period. That's like dressing your pet up in camo and proclaiming you now have a camo pet, or tying glowsticks on it and calling it glowing. Halloween pets should be what we can only dress up as. Or in the very least, be of a unique bodily color for nonredraw costumes for witches like the peophin and bruce.
Last edited by Huggles on 27 Jun 2006 02:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

I hate the strawberry one and the halloween one is creepy.
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Huggles wrote:No. As funny as the grarrl wearing a bunny suit and a tutu was, I'll have to completely disagree. I don't think any color that only adds clothing or accessories to a pet is worthy of existing. Period. That's like dressing your pet up in camo and proclaiming you now have a camo pet, or tying glowsticks on it and calling it glowing. Halloween pets should be what we can only dress up as. Or in the very least, be of a unique bodily color for nonredraw costumes for witches like the peophin and bruce.
The original description of the Halloween Paint Brush stated that, after it would be painted, your Neopet would have it's own halloween costume.

That's all halloween Neopets are.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I don't see how what Neopets put in the alt text of a paint brush years ago is in any way relavant, especially considering just how much the old Halloween pets, and many of the current ones, suck. You cannot successfully argue that new clothes = new color = different pet.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The Halloween jubjub is possessed. It's even creepier than the rest of them.

But hey, maybe that's a good thing for Halloween.
Signature by Tom
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Huggles wrote:I don't see how what Neopets put in the alt text of a paint brush years ago is in any way relavant, especially considering just how much the old Halloween pets, and many of the current ones, suck. You cannot successfully argue that new clothes = new color = different pet.
No, I can't argue that. 'Specially since I hate nearly all the Halloween pets, anyway.

I like this Jubjub, though. Not like the Halloween Peophin or Bruce, with cut-and-pasted accessories.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

The Strawberry Jubjub looks like it has HERPES.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.