Nobantu the Bandit. (One of my USULS)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
carsandtrains

Nobantu the Bandit. (One of my USULS)

Post by carsandtrains »

ANTHROALERT.

I finished drawing this a few minutes ago. XD It took me a few hours, but not too long.

I'm really proud of it because I rarely draw in photoshop without just blending a lot of colors and making OK-looking portraits. This looks much cleaner to me.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/36641949/

:D I don't want criticism. I am DONE with this picture. Any anatomically off or otherwise details are already realised by me will be learned from and applied to my next picture, as always.
Last edited by carsandtrains on 21 Jul 2006 02:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TCD

Post by TCD »

What's with the recent "Warning, anthropomorphics ahead!" notes....

And...nice...I suppose...though I'm wondering how you plan on knowing what details you need to get better on if you don't accept crits...
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Wonderful picture. :D You're really good at drawing floofy things.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think the 'anthro alert' is because there are some people here who are VERY much against anyone that anthros their Neopets characters.

The picture is nice, but I have to agree; how do you expect to improve your next picture if you won't take crit on this one? O_o
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

About the anthro warning: Basically what jessibean said.

About critiques: I meant that I notice the little details that are off, I just don't want them pointed out. That would just be annoying to me.

Thanks for the compliments. :)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

That tail looks so wonderfully fluffy :) Great job! I'm glad you decided to keep your ice usul after all :D
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

zebru wrote:That tail looks so wonderfully fluffy :) Great job! I'm glad you decided to keep your ice usul after all :D
Thanks. :D Me too, all I needed was to redesign him a little I guess.
smirkish

Post by smirkish »

-wonders why people hate Anthropomorphs so much sometimes- ...=.=

Anywho. I lovelovelovelovelove this. O^O I want to eat it up. It's really good, and the colors are great. ^^

Edit: .....corrected Anthropomorphs. I knew it was the correct spelling, but I just didn't type it. I'm too use to typing Anthro. o-o
Last edited by smirkish on 21 Jul 2006 08:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Thanks Twisted for my set. ^^ And MM for meh evil wooble bunny!
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

smirkish wrote:-wonders why people hate Anthromorphs so much sometimes- ...=.=

Anywho. I lovelovelovelovelove this. O^O I want to eat it up. It's really good, and the colors are great. ^^
-doesthesame-

Thank you thank you. :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Anthropomorphs. And people on this forum are not nearly as daft as you're making out...my main problem with anthros is that a lot of them look very little like the original Neopet. Fluff where there isn't fluff, legs vastly out of proportion, etc. Do Usuls even have legs?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

...*stares*

Well I like it! *hmph* I'm actually almost ready to start a cult---*cough* I mean fan club that's pro-anthro, or at least join a guild. Which is weird because I can't stand four-legged pets that stand on their hind legs. The ones that are half-anthro like krawks, draiks, and usuls seem to look much better when they're drawn that way.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Jazzy wrote:Anthropomorphs. And people on this forum are not nearly as daft as you're making out...my main problem with anthros is that a lot of them look very little like the original Neopet. Fluff where there isn't fluff, legs vastly out of proportion, etc. Do Usuls even have legs?
Heh, I'm sure that technically Usuls have legs, but the Neopets art for them is pretty dated, so they look like blobs with blobby feet. I'm not really a fan of anthro-neopets, either, for much the same reasons--and because for some artists, primarily ones I see being linked to on the Neoboards, anthropomorphs seem like an excuse to trace anime characters and then add ears and tails.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

On a topic totally unrelated to your drawing, it's bugging me that I'm almost certain that I was labbing Nobantu once upon a time, but I can't remember for certain. A Wocky that turned into an Usul, that I then pounded since I was target-zapping for Grey Wockies at the time.

I hate things I can't remember for certain.

I like the drawing, BTW. :-)
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Wingsrising wrote:On a topic totally unrelated to your drawing, it's bugging me that I'm almost certain that I was labbing Nobantu once upon a time, but I can't remember for certain. A Wocky that turned into an Usul, that I then pounded since I was target-zapping for Grey Wockies at the time.
Correct - you posted about Nobantu being stuck in the pound on the old temp board. He stayed stuck until I took pity on him about a month ago, picked him up for labbing, and he proceeded to turn Ice on his second zap.

Great picture, btw. I like the unique way you designed him. You make Usuls cool (no pun intended... honestly).
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

Thanks everyone who liked my drawing. :D