New Mutant Gelert?

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Instead of this, now we have Scooby Doo with extra! worms!!

So. Very. Bitter.

I wanted one of these so very badly. I suppose I'm happy it was never released and then changed - that would have been much worse.

*mourns my lost ebil beastie*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Truthfully, I never really like the old mutant gelert much cause, as said, it looked outdated. The poses weren't that grand and, also said, it looked more darigan (even tyrannian) then mutant.

I do like the revamped version, but something about the leg in beaten and circle annoy me cause it looks a bit realistic for a neopet. I'm used to a straight curve for the calf on a neopet, not the buldge there.
Past that complaint, I love it, but never would want to own it. Though my first real neopet was a Gelert, something about it's grabbing me like Mutant Flotsam did. I like the eye expression, poses, past beaten and circle, and the life it's showing. Not all mutant need to snarl, maybe it hates looking like a freak, not that I think it's a freak.

Thank you whatever artist drew this one!

Guess that means Tyran Buzz, and Mutant Bori are gonna ge revamped. Oh well, hope they look awesome.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Quiet! The Tyrannian buzz is still fairly new and shall not be altered else they'll seal their own doom! DOOM!
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Hoorah for copypasta con crappy! It is most delicious.

Head of old gelert+body of new=niceness. It even has eyes unintendedly cocked like a pistol. Why TNT WHY.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Eh you did a nice job Butter, but I still prefer the crestfallen personality of the... newest original.
Image Image Image
Armi

Post by Armi »

Huggles wrote:Quiet! The Tyrannian buzz is still fairly new and shall not be altered else they'll seal their own doom! DOOM!
>.> Well as much as I do love it, it is a bit "different" to the rest of the site's style, least to me. I don't care if it changes or not, I just want it released.
I'm still debating if I really want it if it comes out.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

I'm in love with this thing.

As soon as it comes out, I'm getting it. I've already decided who it would fit.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I was never a fan of the old Mutant Gelert. I don't really know what people saw in it. Yeah, it was ferocious, but the art was pretty bad.

That being said, I adore this new one. It has the same feel that the Grey Gelert had, with what will certainly be a much fairer price tag. I don't really like the tentacles, I think they could probably do with being thinner, but I still adore the hyena-aspect.

And I have to say, I'm not quite getting the Scooby-doo comparison. They're both brown and black cartoon dogs, but other than that I don't really see it. This is coming from an avid Scooby-doo hater who dislikes anything resembling him. Maybe the cheekbones are a little weird, but they just add to the bizzare Mutant-y feeling for me.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Its out! YES! Envenomed, prepare to be Transmog'd. I've decided this comes before getting a Lost Desert Paint Brush.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I like it enough. I think the old one would do better as Darigan, too. This one doesn't look scary, but it does look mutant. Like the art and I think how it's using its tentacles to attack in the close attack pose is pretty cool.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The transmog does not exist yet. >_<
Kizule

Post by Kizule »

Huggles wrote:The transmog does not exist yet. >_<
Noticed that too. :(
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Brown? Aw, not again.

I must have some weird color problem in my brain because this gelert along with the mutant blumaroo and gnorbu all look green to me. A dull green, but distinctly green. Everyone else says brown or flesh-tone.

Scooby doo, chocolate and african-americans all look brown to me so it's not a universal problem, just certain shades.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Scythemantis wrote:Brown? Aw, not again.

I must have some weird color problem in my brain because this gelert along with the mutant blumaroo and gnorbu all look green to me. A dull green, but distinctly green. Everyone else says brown or flesh-tone.

Scooby doo, chocolate and african-americans all look brown to me so it's not a universal problem, just certain shades.
Yeah, I see a greenish tint to the brown. I wouldn't calll it green completely, but there is a green tint to the brown.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

beh, I still prefered the old one....but since I can't afford painting any of my pets anyway.....
frankly, I prefered the evil-greenish-tint it had before....is it just me or does the new mutant gelert look slightly more tryanian?....0_o;
BWEE =^w^=!!!
*being choked by a pringle*
av by http://www.suita-ratio.com