Subeta Discussion

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Subeta Discussion

Post by Trick »

I am wondering what we should do about all the recent Subeta discussions. If it is a passing fad then it will resolve itself, but with so many NCers playing it may be useful to stop cluttering chit chat with our subeta talk.

I was wondering whether it deserves its own forum, whether you think it should go in the Games forum, or whether it is fine where it is? Also I'd like to start a pet request thread for it so it may be useful to at least move it from Chit Chat.

Personally I'd like to see it in its own category, but I'd like to know what the demand for that would be.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

It seems to be only one thread. A long thread, but not something I'd consider clutter.

With that said if it does get it's own category then I want one for Maple Story :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It does make it hard to find individual bits of information, though.

Another possibility might be an "Other Games" forum, where people could post threads related to ANY other online game (Subeta, Maplestory, whatever) with the name of whatever game they're posting about in the title of the thread.
Anza

Post by Anza »

I like Wingsrisings idea. I always thought the games forum was for forum games, so something for other sites apart from Neo might be nice. Then Chit-chat could be for RL stuff...

I dunno...
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

I think it's a great idea. :) That way threads about online gaming won't dominate chit-chat, which I always saw as a forum for real life things.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I'm also all for that idea, sounds great ^__^
reissue

Post by reissue »

I know I'm not active enough here to have a very valid opinion but I think an all encompassing "other gaming site" forum would be much more appropriate than one just for subeta (or maple story, or whatever else)
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, it seems as though a large portion of us have strayed over to Subeta for now. We'll probably be talking about it a lot and it would be nice to have a place other than just the one long thread to get information and everything.

I've also been maintaining a list of NCers who are on Subeta, just for reference, but perhaps I could put it up somewhere if it would be helpful. Just so we know who's who and everything.

EDIT: Another reason I thought that a separate place would be good is I want to start asking for Minion Matches. xD But I'm not sure if I should post that in petpets or not.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Definitely don't post minion matches in petpets; it'll get confusing.

I'm watching this thread and leaning most towards a forum for online games, but reach a consensus and I'll follow it. However, maplestory's definitely too small for its own forum, Joey :P
Mistress Morbid

Heh, yeah I know it would be too confusing to start asking for minion matches in petpets. xD

I'll vote for Subeta to have its own sub-forum. That way anyone who isn't with Subeta can just ignore it pretty much and we can post all sorts of topics within it. Should the Subeta craze die out you can always just delete the subforum if it isn't as popular in a while. But yeah, I think that might be a good way to go. I can't see any other virtual pet sites being popular enough to be discussed here, at least I haven't seen any.
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think an Online Games forum is a good idea. We have Subeta, MapleStory, Gaia, Runescape, ect. Enough to fill a forum in my opinion.
Image Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think we could just have one big Other Games forum, and then any threads created within should say the game name in the title. E.g., "Subeta: minion match advice?" and "Maple Story: Archer builds?"

I know I would take part in a general forum about games. I certainly play a lot of them.

Question, though: some are saying "Other Games" and some are saying "Online Games." Which do we prefer? Right now Pokemon is in Chit-chat, but if it was "Other Games," it could go there. But I wouldn't put Pokemon into "Online Games."

edit: Also, I'd hate to see Subeta get its own subforum. This is a very new craze for us NCers, and if a bunch of us get bored and stop playing, then it'd be a subforum for only a few people. A game forum in general would be more widely applicable.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

That's why I want one. I can convert you all and have my own massive defame army! Muwahahahahaha! (Actually I'm enough of a defame army on my own. XD)

But yeah, I like the idea of specifying which game we're talking about in the title. That would be cool.
Mistress Morbid

Ooh, yeah I really like the title idea, that would work really well.
Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I think Online Games would be a good title. It sounds like a good idea as I know there are a fair few people who play other games and would possibly like to talk about it properly.

Plus then I can have a Pet Request thread, yay. Sigh, I'm way too easily pleased, no?