Subeta: New Colours

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
covet

Subeta: New Colours

Post by covet »

Well, I don't know if we necessarily want a new colours sticky, although that is what this site is about ;) but I know we had some discussion of the recent Kanis colours, and today we got some new darkmatter pets.

I really like the Hikei revamp:

Although I can't say if I like it better or worse than the old one, as I don't remember what it used to look like. I know I never considered getting one before, though. Anyone have the old version, to compare?

The others are the darkmatter Anyu and Dillema.

Image Image

Dillemas are really growing on me, apart from the name, though this isn't my favourite of the species. The Anyu looks like it's doing some bizarre circus act.

I really wish they'd revamp the darkmatter antlephore - it's dull now but I feel it could be fabulous.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Strawberry Limeade

Re: Subeta: New Colours

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

covet wrote: Image

Although I can't say if I like it better or worse than the old one, as I don't remember what it used to look like. I know I never considered getting one before, though. Anyone have the old version, to compare?
I do:

I liked the old one and was thinking of getting one at some point. I suppose I'll just save the 2 million sP and leave VanGogh as is. Twilight suits him better anyways.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I dislike how they did purple bits on anyu - grading realy doesn't work with the whole dark matter atmosphere for me. Dillema is ok, not sure about the sticking tounge though. I prefere dark matter pets void of any emotion on their faces.
Last edited by zebru on 09 Oct 2006 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Eh...I liked the old Hikei better as well. I was almost tempted to get one, I really liked the white eyes. Plus the face shape was more angular, the new one looks kind of chubby. =/
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The eyes on the old Hikei were better, but I can see how they might be too innocent for dark matter. The legs on the new one are a vast improvement, art-wise; the old one always bugged me as being generally incorrect, making it look as if it were about to fall over. I agree that the face used to be narrower, but hey, it's a hikei--they're kind of chubby. ^_~
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I prefer the new hikei. When I first signed up one of the first pets I created was a hikei. The old dark matter one didn't look distinctively like one in the face, I agree, which is why I like the new one better. I was hoping for a darkmatter dilemma for Kaotika, but I don't like it much. It's too cramped around the tongue and the elbow near its mouth.
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

Seems every new Special Dillema color comes out the more I love dillema's though the person that created them does ALL there colors. <3's

I give ze DM Dillema 9/10 <3! The Anyu is pretty neat too though not much fan of them still it's nice.

As for the Hikei I'm kinda mixed on it there some stuff I like on the old some stuff I like on the new,. *shrugs* Though really can't say much since I don't own one or plan on so. ^^;

Viva ze Dillemas! :3

~ Chibi
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I also prefer the new Hikei. It looks much more sinister.

I.. don't like anyus to begin with. Its one of my least favorite pets on the site. And this one is especially stupid O_o I agree, it looks like it's doing some weird circus act, or using roller shoes or something.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

As a fan of Dillemas (I just pretend in my head that they're spelled properly and try not to look at the actual name too often), I don't really like the darkmatter Dillema. It looks really crowded and kind of random, and as hard as I try, I can't figure out what's going on around its head with the arms and stuff.

The Anyu is just bizarre, though people who like Anyus might enjoy it - it's well drawn, at least. Also, a circus Anyu could be a fun personality. ;P

I had to look like three times to see the difference in the Hikeis, and the legs still look wrong to me, but it's not horrible.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

HAHA, the Dilemma's doing like a little Shadow Ball attack a la Mewtwo or something. XD
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

What's with all the balls on Darkmatter pets? Is this some reference or something? They look like pets caught up in an explosion at a ball-bearing factory.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Because the little balls are darkmatter? I don't understand your question unless you haven't started playing yet. If that's the case then those little balls are minions and weapons that possess random things like dishwashers and fountain pens. Everything that's made of dark matter has them randomly hanging around.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

I have been planning to get a DM Hikei for a while now...that has not changed. If anything, my want for one has only increased. The anatomy is much, much better on this one, as is the shading and expression. And, if the face is chubbier--so what? All of the Hikei are chubby.

The DM Anyu must be some kind of lazy, making the Dark Matter carry it around. XD I really like the paws, though. Not much to say about it, since I don't like Anyus... -earskritch-

Aaand, the DM Dillema is just made of awesome and win. Chibi pointed out its Dark Matter eyeball and DM-tipped pins, really neat. I always look forward to seeing more Dillema colors, and they haven't disappointed. ♥ The design is just a tad crowded for the size limit, but if you see the fullsize image, you can see everything.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kantark, look up the minion Dark Matter, and stare at Maleria for a while, and recall how she tried to take over Subeta via mind control (recent trivia question, if nothing else). For pets, it's rather like Hydrus; supposedly those are in Mirena's control. I guess another analogy would be Darigan.
Image Image
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

Image Image

Reborn Bovyne and Hydrus Devonti.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, I suppose so since I can't seem to find another topic about new pet colours on Subeta... º-º
Anyway, the Devonti makes me uneasy. It is... weird (does it have an octopus growing on its head?). Meep!