Darigan Korbat

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Darigan Korbat

Post by zebru »

First version:

Image Image Image

New (ugly) version:
Image Image Image

Poses

It looks like Lord Darigan :o Very good!
Last edited by zebru on 26 Oct 2006 04:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

First though.

AWwwww it's a little lord Darigan! I like it. XD a lot better than the shadow it has more detail and I really love how in some posses it's very bat like with it's little claws to the ground while it's wings are folded up.

If I was zaping a Korbat Via lab ray and it turned darigan gladly keep it but don't have a spare korbat or room for one. Hehe but none the less I like it. ^^
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Means: It's perfect for what it is. I don't like those blue ultrasound waves? in the ranged attack pose though, that looks out of place.
LΟL
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I like the concept but something's missing in the execution.

The supersonic ranged attack is of ownage and win and should be on every korbat.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Aww, hehe, how cute. Really, really cute. That isn't bad, so much as I keep thinking that despite the inherent awesomeness of a mini Lord Darigan, it seems more befitting of the Halloween paint brush's pricetag. It's got the face, the ears, and nicely detailed wings, but everything's still stuck on the tiny korbat's body. I can't help but think that leaving it flying instead of standing it inside the circle is just a waste of space. That extra 3/4 of a inch could have been used to give it a larger, more subtantial, and more menacing body. I'm just as torn about it as I am the Halloween uni, which also has one of the most spectacular character designs, but lackluster execution.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Hold the Glophone.

Is this a case of TNT's right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing? From this week's editorial:
Plot Neopets, unlike the Neopets you can create, can die, fall in love, and don't have owners. We think that making a paint brush in their likeness would take away from their individuality.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Aww, how cute! About time the Korbat got a fitting Darigan color. I love the concept of a tiny Lord Darigan; it's the only thing this Korbat could have been. While I don't think I'd paint my mutant Korbat this color, it's still very cool.

Oh, and I love this pose:

I appreciate how they took a tip from real bats (for a change) and drew it walking on its "knuckles," so to speak. So cute!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

HOLY F***ING S***, IT'S A KORBAT I CAN ACTUALLY STAND. Well, besides the Faerie and Maraquan ones, but they're WAY too cutesy.

This makes up for the rest of the crappy species.
bribes

Post by bribes »

awww, its so scary !

and scary !
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Hold the Glophone.

Is this a case of TNT's right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing? From this week's editorial:
Plot Neopets, unlike the Neopets you can create, can die, fall in love, and don't have owners. We think that making a paint brush in their likeness would take away from their individuality.
I know. Let's see, there the Von Roo Halloween blumaroo, the Nightsteed Halloween Uni, the Tax Beast Halloween yurble. There's probably some others I'm forgetting. They could have used a better explanation for why there wouldn't be a Hannah usul. A Darigan Korbat looking like lord Darigan makes sense, and so do Halloween pets looking like other characters, but a Hannah usul doesn't really fit in with the whole monster theme when the only unique things about her are the clothes she wears when compared to other anthro plot characters.
Samusan

O_O!

Post by Samusan »

Wow. I am surprized...A Korbat color I actually like! I LOVE the beaten pose for the same reasons Sparrow noted. I love the walking on the "wings/knuckles"
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I... like it, as far as korbats go, but I'm not going OMG ITS GREAT YAY like a lot of you are XD The fact it looks like a baby Lord Darigan is cute though ;_;
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I guess it's good for a Korbat. But gee, is that damning it with faint praise or what. The poor thing needs a revamp so badly. I love bats, and wish I could love the Korbat. Mostly I hate that the body is nothing more than an oval, even if it's an oval with a ruff.

Still, it's lovely that it's Lord-Darigan-esque. The concept is indeed very nice. The art is even good, for a Korbat--but... it's still a Korbat. =\
Image Image
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Cue strange mental image of Lord Darigan saying "I shall call him...Minime."

The wings are made of win, although with all those tatters, the Korbat would not be able to fly. ...That's okay, it can scuttle around like the horrible little ugly monster it is. I wouldn't want to find it under my bed.

Nor would I own it, but ah, well, it's good.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Aww, it's so cute. I really, really like this...somehow...even though it's a korbat.

I think they're the pet that needs a revamp the most. I mean, it has to be hands down the worst default artwork left on the site. There's nothing to the things.

But I really like this guy, I want one, too bad I don't have space.
Image Image