White and Camouflage Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
davidsgurl1685

Post by davidsgurl1685 »

The purple still defeats the purpose of an animal that lives in the TREES O_o So um, yeah.
---

yeah, but at least its more pleasing to the eye than that god awful yellow. personally i like the purple! :) I really like Mistress Morbid's version too...that one would be a more functional camouflage that doesn't blind you. either is better than the one they went with.
K+D=<3 4E
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That camo color looks good on the aisha because it's a simple pet, and the brown is used very sparingly for accents. On the xweetok, the brown stripe just clashes hideously with the rest of it. I'm quite tired of the "Zomg! But where shall it hide?" posts when they choose to use an unusual palette. How many times have we collectively said "Oh, it's just another boring colorfil," when the usual suspects appear? I can appreciate more natural looking camo pets like the ruki or even the scorchio. But, I also like pets like the poogle that are just pretty to look at. This, however, is neither. If it had to be green, I'd choose MM's darker version, but I do really like the purple one.

As one of the few xweetok fans on the forum, as much as I love the brown and colored striped combo, there does come a point when that's just not enough. It'd be fantastic if we could have both, but in the end I'd rather have more full bodied recolors than stripes only. White exactly what I wanted, no spoiled cream to be seen, but why O why did they not choose skunk instead of camo? Come on, there couldn't be a more obvious and perfect pet for it.
Float

Post by Float »

I like the camo, in a weird flashy xweetok kind of way. I like zebru's version better but i still.. like it.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I'm a huge Xweetok fan, but I'm neither excited nor disappointed at the new colours. I personally think that the simple colours look best on a xweetok - red, yellow, blue, brown.

The white is, well, white. Nothing to take your breath away, but cute because it's a cute species. The camo is not very easy on the eyes for me, but it doesn't bother me because I think there are enough cute Xweetok colours.

By the way, what does spoiled cream refer to? Is it the pale yellow shading that some white pets have?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes. It's oftentimes the same as the background for the circle, so pets which are mostly that color look awful. There are some pets like the ixi that I think would look fine if it weren't for the circle, but most are just ugly.

http://petdb.petpetcentral.com/index.ph ... perpage=40
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Huggles wrote:Yes. It's oftentimes the same as the background for the circle, so pets which are mostly that color look awful. There are some pets like the ixi that I think would look fine if it weren't for the circle, but most are just ugly.

Oh dear god, looking at that made me realize just how badly several of these pets need revamps, particularly the Aisha, which just now REALLY hit me. But as this hasn't been the year for redraws, I won't hold my breath for anything special coming before 2007.

And eh, I think the ONLY camo pet I've ever liked is the Ruki, and maybe the Lenny. I've never been a fan of the color (and the poogle one doesn't help that the picture is so damn giant), but I just really, really hate the colors used here overall. I'd like it better if it was MM's version, but I'd still be sad.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Camouflage Xweetok = Mustardy

White Xweetok = Um...white?

So yeah, ugly and plain, blah --;;

Fae
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I would have found the camouflage one better if the camouflage pattern was confined to the xweetok's stripe. This would have amused me, though the camo would still have had to have been a nicer colour.

Same for white really, the appeal of xweetok's is all in the stripe.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Huggles wrote:Yes. It's oftentimes the same as the background for the circle, so pets which are mostly that color look awful. There are some pets like the ixi that I think would look fine if it weren't for the circle, but most are just ugly.

Okay thanks for explaining. I actually would love the creamy look of a pale yellow accent, if it weren't for the circle! Unfortunately I didn't know about neocolours or the other fan sites before I painted my Aisha. (She'll be repainted soon, though.)
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Ahh, I never noticed the Gnorbu's nose was the same colour as the circle background. I wanted to get a white Gnorbu, but now I'm not so sure...
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

They need to change those circles I think.. If anything is outdated, it's those. XD
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

White: A little bland but a decent colorfill.

Camo: As I always do with Camo pets, I try to imagine what surroundings it could blend into but I don't choose wheher I like the color solely based on this.

In the Xweetoks case, I think it would look a bit nicer if the colors were more subtle. The Camo pattern is nice on it though. I bet it would of looked great in shades of green like the wocky :o
Not all who wander are lost.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

*throws xweetox in mustard* OH there's where they're supposed to hide, nice -_-

as for white, it's nice considering it's not a pale yellow like some of the other pets
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

The camouflage can hide in a dead leaf pile and fit in perfectly. Dead leafs are as hidiouse as its colors. =[ Disapointed they made this wonderful faeire xweetok and then go with the nastiest colors for the rest:?
Donate to help Yarn live on/size]
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Aqua wrote:They need to change those circles I think.. If anything is outdated, it's those. XD
Shhhh...Knowing TNT they would give is something to match the happy new games room. I think they should just get rid of the circles...

I like the White Xweetok