Pirate Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Madge

Post by Madge »

To me he either looks like he's a bit stupid, or he's trying oh so hard to look dashing for the camera.

I like that it's a nice redraw because it shows that TNT is still capable of doing good redraws. I especially like the pegleg, it looks real rather than tacked on.

I approve of this in general, just the happy pose makes it look like a bit of a moron, which I guess is great for anyone wanting a character who's a bit dense.
phoebemittens

Re: Pirate Xweetok

Post by phoebemittens »

I don't like it. I like xweetoks, I love pirates, but I don't like this. Somehow there's no charm to it, and I would expect this pet to be particularly charming.

Instead it looks awkward and I think Madge is right, it's not very bright either, especially hitting itself in the face with its pegleg on the defence pose. I dislike the odd-coloured bandana, the bizarre blanket-waistcoat-style garment, and the characterless face. And this is so clumsy:

I don't want. Shame.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Absolutely awsome! It's a pirate Xweetok! Not just a grey Xweetok with a bunch of clothes on it, but an actual Xweetok pirate! The only thing I really don't like about it is the peg leg. It looks stupid on the front leg.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Best Xweetok ever! He's so cute, but looks more like a piratical mouse than anything else in several poses. Sad and Circle pose are a bit meh... but the others are all great. Happy looks rather sinister (which is a good thing) and Beaten looks uber-cute (also, a good thing!)

Nice job, restores my faith in TNT's artwork department.
Last edited by Kantark on 13 Dec 2006 02:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
hauntedoll

Post by hauntedoll »

Holy mother of --! If pirate p/b's weren't so expencive I'd be tempted to paint my mutant Xwee.

The poses rock (the defended especially <3 ), the hair rocks even more and the scar is an awesome detail. The vest (?) is the only thing that bothers me but I'm willing to ignore it, even the neckruff doesn't matter.

This is bloody awesome and the artist(s) deserve tons of gingerbread cookies. Great job TNT!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

You should've seen my face when the first page of the topic loaded. I was all gaping like a moron. xD

WOW, redraw Pirate. About time. It loses the girly air every single Xweetok (including Mutant) has, and it's not just a pet painted grey with accessories tacked on.

Well done, TNT, well done. :)
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I have to admit it does look like there just isn't a light on upstairs. It's one of the better colors TNT has released lately. The PB is too expensive for me to consider owning one, even if it didn't have that dense expression on it's face.

Fae
Last edited by FaeMcCloud on 15 Dec 2006 09:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skiler

hmmm

Post by Skiler »

Can I ask if redrawn means that it were somewhere an old version of this painted pet previous to this one, or does it means that it was made from scratch (without using the default image for the pet)?

I don't usually like the pirate pets, but, this is fine for me. The only thing I don't like is the wooden leg thing. For an arm it's best to have a hook or something but, well... :P
Jitterbug

Re: Pirate Xweetok

Post by Jitterbug »

phoebemittens wrote:I don't like it. I like xweetoks, I love pirates, but I don't like this. Somehow there's no charm to it, and I would expect this pet to be particularly charming.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I can see /why/ it will be a popular colour choice for xweetoks - it's better than the last 2 colours released, and TNT did a pretty good job - but it just doesn't do it for me. Just not my personal pet preference ;)
Laborama

Post by Laborama »

Aww, they actually managed a decent chipmunk color this time :3. The only things I dislike is how different the facial structure of the circle pose is compared to the rest of the poses. Also, the tail looks blocky in some poses and I have no idea what's going on with it's front paw in the sad pose o-o;; (not pegleg). Not something I'd want to buy, but given the chance like from the Fountain Faerie, yeah I would :). 8.5/10
kerg

Post by kerg »

Aww, I love it! Way better than the stuff from Xweetok day. I would consider getting one, if I wasn't hopelessly saving for a pirate pb for my Eyrie right now.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Laborama wrote: I have no idea what's going on with it's front paw in the sad pose o-o;; (not pegleg).
It's running its "pointer finger" toe in circles on the ground. People do that sometimes when they're disappointed.
Funkentanz

Post by Funkentanz »

I really like it, I think my Steve has a new colour, he is Mutant atm.
And I love the pegleg, why not the front leg?

Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm really likeing this! It's so cute and defently one of the best xweetok colours and one of the better pirates. I love the headband, scar, tattoo and the way they did the back stripe fur. It has personality too, that's always a plus. And I'm glad they changed the headband colour from black to red (as you can see from the happy pose and the other poses). The red works so much better then black and stands out better. Times like this I wish we could get pirate from the labray or the pb wasn't so pricey, ah well. Artist gets a cookie from me. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
jebbica

Post by jebbica »

I love the color xD. The circle pose is my favorite by far. Definitely is more of a boyish pet, rather than the usual girly Xweetoks, as someone previously said, but adorable still :*