Ice Aisha

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Funkentanz

Ice Aisha

Post by Funkentanz »

ImageImage
It´s very creative ^^

I love this pose:

But it looks a bit... big for an Aisha.[/url]
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

OMG, an Aisha redraw! That makes me like it instantly just because they took time not to make it just a jagged colorfill. Love the thick looking ice.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Oi, put the rest of the pictures of it :P I really like the icy pets, tought this Aisha addition looks a bit... fat?
ImageImageImage
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

It's too clunky. I wouldn't keep this if I got it from the lab ray. In general, I really don't like it. I hope an aisha redraw would NOT be along the lines of this. A sleek ice cat could have been really awesome...

I am very bitter about the aisha. It started out as a mysterious pissed off cat, when it was my favorite pet on the site back in '00 when I started playing, and then they made it cutesy, and now this one entering kacheek domain of cutesy fat and fluffy things. Which is ridiculous because it's supposed to be made of rock solid ice cold ice. Blah.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Too fluid, and errm.. chunky for an ice aisha. I would also have hoped for something sleeker.. and the poses and gestures all make me think it's mid-melt process.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Funkentanz

Post by Funkentanz »

Sure, here are the other poses:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sureq

Post by sureq »

I can't help but love it. I saw the topic and went audibly went "oooooh", because I instantly had the coolest back story for it. Like, when they were kids my two aishas build him together or something. (Yeah my aishas are talented ice carvers now).

Anyway, I adore the beaten pose with the little melting "A" collar too.

:mrgreen:
ImageImage
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

WOAH! Transparency! I can see its collar on the angry pose xD Even the ice can turn sharpy on its back when angry, how odd :?
ImageImageImage
kerg

Post by kerg »

It's a redraw, it's melty, and it's transparent. :o I think it's great, perhaps a bit chunky though. Much better than a lot of ice pets.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I luff it. People are complaining about how it's too chunky and not aisha-ish enough, but variety is the spice of life. xD Woot for clichés! I like the chunkyness. It wouldn't be that realistic if the ears were on thin pieces of ice.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Man. I so want to like this; it's had tons of work and thought put into the design and the execution - and considering most of the lazy-ass pets we've had lately (starry Ogrin, I'm looking at you) - it's wonderful seeing all the care that was put into the design, but. . .

It's just not all that Aisha-like. The head is the most off-putting for me - so round and not at all sleek. And something about the shading on the head makes the expression seem off to me as well.

But! It's colored beautifully and seems very dynamic, even in the emotion poses.

I doubt I'd keep one, but I wouldn't mind staring at it while I zapped on. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh ,I love this one too! Two great colors on the same day, its awesome xD I love how its clunky - it really looks like it was molded from ice! The beaten pose is -awesome-, and I love the shade of blue they used and the chunks flying off in the hit pose.

A very nice, solid ice pet, one of the best IMHO!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, I really, really like this! I just love how realistically ice is drawn - it's so shiny, transparent and gorgeously shaded. I'll be zapping several aishas for this on my sides during the next months :) I think this is the first pet colour introduced after I started playing Neopets for which I though "Wow, I HAVE to have this!".
Last edited by zebru on 30 Dec 2006 06:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Another vote for really liking it, especially the transparency in the angry pose and the melting beaten pose. It seems appropriately Aisha-like to me. :-)
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

I can't help but put my $.02 in - I love it.

The transparancy in the legs and where you can see the collar is genius, and the jagged ice on the back in the angry pose is an excellant touch. This is a pet where rendering without the heavy black outlines really shines.