Tyrannian Aisha

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Tyrannian Aisha

Post by Jessi »

Um, hooray Aisha day?

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image ImageImage

..Not much to say about this one. It's following the typical crap pattern that all Tyrannian pets are lately - give it lots of long, dirty brown hair and you have a prehistoric pet!

Right.

No redraw either it looks like =/ Boo Aisha day. At least the Ice Aisha was decent.
Last edited by Jessi on 03 Jan 2007 01:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ugh. It's so... hairy o_O It somehow manages to look pitifully cute though. I think I like the look it has in the beaten pose -- "Someone look at my paw, please? ;_;" It's pretty unoriginal though.

EDIT: Though the ear things on Beaten are falling over different regular ears on either side. That bugs me. Aside from the fact that the whole pet is not really redrawn -- it IS, but not on any new position or anything.
<3
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

For so reasom I don't really like Tyrannian Pets and this doesnt change my mind. It is just too hairy and exactly what Jessibean said no redraw so yeah. :(
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Brown, furry, and boring. Yup, it's Tyrannian alright. Oh, they added a ruff. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE BEFORE. But, hey it does have toes now, and claws. Although, those all seem to be a step up on the evolutionary ladder.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

*whine* Just cause she had more images...

:P Don't worry, I still love you Jessi.

Circle is lovely but the rest is meh. The lines seem oddly thick, but I can't think of why.

Two redraw(ish) pets for Aisha day, perhaps a revamp is coming soon?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Feels rushed.

I'm pretty sure the person who drew the circle/happy pose did not do the others - compare ears in circle pose with ears in the rest of the poses - whoever drew the rest of the poses didn't either take enough time to study what the first person did or didn't understand the idea of ears the first person had in mind.

The concept isn't very original, but giving fur to a cat based pet might have been very pleasing to look at if the executor wasn't so dedicated to copy the standard poses to the very last inch.

The two poses you see on the look up (circle and ranged attack) are among decent ones of the lot so it isn't a complete loss I guess. Circle one is really pretty by itself.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

It's boring. Just boring. There's nothing to it. I expected some sort of horns in place of the long ears or at least something, but this... It's just boring.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I find myself liking the circle/happy pose. I'm with zebru, I think someone completely different did the other poses. That changing of the ears is bizarre and dissapointing. Still, seeing that I only see the circle pose of my pets (no battledoming curretly) I'd be pretty happy if I had one. No plans to ever bother, but if I did have one, it'd not be a total loss.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

the only thing i like is that this aisha actually has CLAWS, and real PAWS! why cant TNT give all aishas realistic feet instead of ugly chia stubs for arms and legs :(
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The size inconsistancies are driving me crazy. But I do like the circle and beaten poses. Beaten still looks like a genuine battered aisha under all that fur. Other than that, Tyrannian itself is starting that really bad habit of lazyness like the color grey. Shade the color in with a frown, you've got grey. Throw some hair tonic on it, you've got Tyrannian.

4.5/10.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Someday they're going to release a tyrannian pet where they've done more than add claws/fangs, a ruff, and lots of shaggy brown hair.

That day is not today. >.<

I'd bet anything Zebru's right - someone else did the rest of the poses, working off of the original artist's circle pose. I wish the same person had done all poses - it might've been a nicer pet then.

I am wondering if the slight redrawyness of this and ice means an Aisha redraw is in the offing - I don't think I'll hold my breath, but it would be nice, so long as they leave alien, grey, darigan, and plushie alone. I think most of those are safe, but I'm scared for darigan, remembering what horrors (sorry, Madge!) befell the poor darigan Mynci.

*shoves darigan Aisha behind a large rock*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Is it just me, or is the happy pose reminiscent of Neoquest monsters? To me, it looks like a ditched monster design that they tried to get some more use out of. Needless to say the Happy pose artist wasn't used for the rest of them. It keeps changing size, proportions, and build--standard bad Neopet color here.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

I...really like that circle pose. Not sure why they decided a prehistoric Aisha had claws and modern day ones don't, but they look pretty good in most of the poses.

That said, that's the only likeable thing about this. Ugly color and nasty hairyness that does not equal prehistoric. Also, wtf, sucky bulky lines that change consistency every few poses. D:

Do not want.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Compare ears (normal ones, not antennae-things):

Image and Image

vs.

Image and Image

The inside ear color is completely different. To say nothing of the circle and happy poses:

In which the ear has a complely different shape (which I happen to like better :D)

No, I don't like this pet.
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

Just another Tyrannian. Whoo.
If it had a new, diffrent colour scheme (like shades of white or something.) I'd warm up to it a little more.