Fire Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeoCraze

Fire Gnorbu

Post by NeoCraze »

Image ImageImage
Image Image Image
Image ImageImage

I quite like it. I think it's cuuuute
Last edited by NeoCraze on 04 Jan 2007 02:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yuck.. This could have looked cool, but the fire is really lazy, like it was done in a rushed deadline. :\
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree with Aqua... I LOVE the angry pose, the fire in that one is amazing, but in the others it looks a bit lazy .I do love how the fire changes with its moods, however, and how its out in the beaten pose - good job with the accuracy on that at least!

Maybe done by the same person that did the lovely fire xweetok?
Last edited by Jessi on 04 Jan 2007 02:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm in love.

The fire isn't very detailed, but is a nice change from other fire pets. It works just fine for me.

I love the dark black body, and the highlights. Magma explosion in angry is fantastic, couldn't be better.

Beaten is nice and poofed. It looks a bit creepy hairless, but it works. It does look like it is farting though...

Image Image
Rawr!
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

The fire looks totally fake, if it was drawn better I think I would like it.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Beaten and angry are fantastic! Others are... orange O_o With sad being the worst.

And as you only see angry when you mistype your password or play cheeseroller I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

As everyone has said, angry is wonderful, and shows what the pet could've been, with proper time and care.

Instead, we get this for the rest of it:

That doesn't look like fire; it looks like an fuzzy orange muffler. And that's one of the images on the pet's lookup.

Man, such wasted potential.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
kerg

Post by kerg »

Cute idea, but not drawn too well. The fire looks weird, but I like how it changes with the mood. Nice beaten pose as well.

And also, the yellow lines just inside the outline...are they supposed to be like, a glow from the fire? I think it looks kinda bizzare, especially here:
Some other poses have it looking glowy, but this just has lines. Looks strange if you ask me, I don't know what all of you think though.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think I've been altogether spoiled by Subeta's reborn flames. I imagine this is supposed to be a combination of flame and ruff, but it ends up looking like neither. My hatred for gnorbus not withstanding, I love how the tail in the beaten pose looks like a burnt match stick.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Huggles wrote:I think I've been altogether spoiled by Subeta's reborn flames.
I think we all have.

x_x *Has, for sure*
Nothing To See Here
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Beaten and Angry = Yay.

Battle pose that goes on lookup is the worst, along with Sad. :( perhaps we all have been ruined on Subeta's Reborn. >.<
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

NyauNyau wrote:
Huggles wrote:I think I've been altogether spoiled by Subeta's reborn flames.
I think we all have.

x_x *Has, for sure*
Heheh, I remember emailing Jessibean a couple months ago on Subeta how "The other site's 'reborn' and 'spectrum' has been put to shame by Subeta's versions."

Anyways, I really like the beaten pose. Sad pose is both bizarre and has an incredible piss poor quality. I mean, the fire xweetok has that amazing fire sizzle in the sad pose, which would've worked well here instead of this weird blob of a mane.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

If it wasn't for thecrappy flames this could've been one of the best fire pets out there
gidget

Post by gidget »

I like it.

That's surprising since I usually am underwhelmed by fire pets.

Yes, the flames could be a little more flame-like in some poses. They are a bit cartoony (flat and undimensional) looking compared to the rest of the pet. But that's my only real gripe.

However, I like the idea of the flame ruff (though the execution was off). I like the fact that the muzzle is grey, so you can actually SEE the freaking features of the Gnorbu's face (which is a big gripe I have with many Fire pets). I like the reflections on the body. I like the three spots on the side in varying degrees (hee!) of flame colour.

Most of all, I love the smoking, extinquished beaten pose. It works.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm going to post some of the better reborn pets, because I can. Images may or may not show up depending on how the site's doing and because I don't feel like uploading them.

ImageImage