Subeta: New Poll - Demi Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Hawk

Subeta: New Poll - Demi Revamp

Post by Hawk »

New

Old

Which one do you like better? I prefer the new one, but I think there are a few other pets that need a revamp more urgently *pokes Cadogre and Escalade*.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. I don't know about this one. The art on the top one is superior, but at the same time I like the cleanness of lines in the old one. I also like the expression on the old face better. There's something -- the best way I can describe what I'm thinking is "teenagerish" about the old one, it seems youthful to me somehow, not a child but not fully mature. That's no longer true IMHO in the new version.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The horn seems oddly placed. The angle of it seems like it sticks directly out of the top of its forehead. Also, the surrounding hairline is just weird. I was never a fan, but I like the eyes and markings more on the old one. They aren't wide enough and are too high and I don't like the straight line marking blending into the eyeline instead of curving around the outside of the eye.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

New one, the current one's art is sort of yucky imo. D: However, I don't own a demi, so..
covet

Post by covet »

Darnit. I'd like the old one but just with thinner lines, please. Something is off about the new one.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

As long as they stay the hell away from the reborn one, I don't care at all. *clutches Vivi*
Keith

Post by Keith »

Oh. No.

The reborn one isn't being touched. Don't worry. :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*c&p's from my post on the poll discussion thread because I am lazy*

I voted for the old one.

First, as everyone has noted, I don't like the horn. I feel it's far too upright and thin now - both the angle and the shape are off-putting to me. I also feel that the Demi's tail is one of its best distinguishing features; I totally will miss the jagged underline and the dark splotch of color on the tip.

I also preferred the longer, thinner mane, and the slightly darker, thicker shading around the eye and down the spine. I liked the chunkier paws as well.

Whatever happens, I hope they don't touch graveyard (I see Keith has said they'll not touch reborn, so that's one worry gone): I have a friend who will fall out if her graveyard Demi changes. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I get the odd impression the new one is pooping. Tail is oddly lifted and something just doesn't feel right about the way tail, feet and lower part of the body work together - no symmetry and no grace.

And I'm with Wingsrising on the expression - I get a totally different feel from this one - it looks similar enough but it's feels like a totally different pet - a whole different vibe and character come across. I had the same teenager idea on the old one.

And angle of the horn, and mane on the old one felt more natural.

Not sure on this one.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Keith

Post by Keith »

As far as I know, the dark matter is the only one being completely revamped.

Chibi & Reborn are staying the same.

And the graveyard is being touched up, but nothing major.

Also - this isn't the final version of the Demi revamp. Since it's a very popular pet, it'll probably go through a few stages (at least two) before it's put up on the site, even if the new one wins this poll.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Don't forget the bloodred Keith - it would be nice if they reposed that one.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I hadn't noticed the horn before, but I see what you guys mean.

I do however like the ears on the new one. I also like the spine/fur/whatever bits on the new one.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Oh - Right. We're changing bloodred as well. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I would just like to add that I consistently mix up the demi with the sheeta and malticorn. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME TO ME. kthxbye.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The demi/sheeta were drawn by the same person, so it happens.

Also - remember to post all of your crits in the news post, as well. Tsume(vampire) is taking notes, and will have a new one ready sometime this week, that takes suggestions from that post :)