Subeta: New Poll - Demi Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Its too shiny. TOo much shine makes it look like plastic. It is well drawn, thats for sure, but ..the shinyness.
Nothing To See Here
Fever

Post by Fever »

Yeah...I still prefer the old one. Its hard to express why I just love the old demi. ):
Circe

Post by Circe »

Holy eyebrows, batman! This demi is very nice except it looks like the poor thing has had a mega brow lift plastic surgery! o.o *stares* Lower the brow a bit (perhaps make it more circular) and I'd be happy :) That should soften the expression.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Image Image Image

Well now. Looking at them all together, I have a few things to say.

I like the newest one's body. It's very detailed and clean, and the anatomy is fine for a cartoon... whatever it is. I like the newest one's head as well, the ears look more believeable.

However. The first revamp's dread mane looks much more real. The newest version's mane seems to... wavy. I also like the first revamp's eyes, since the new one's eyes look overly anime. I also prefer the way the horn was handled (not postioned). The fur over the bottom of it looks much better, especially considering the extra fluff added to it in the newest revamp. Also, even though the extra shiny, detailed fur of the latest Demi looks wonderful, I think the contrast between the colors in the shading is too high, making it look busy for a generic pet. The older revamp had nice detail but softer colors, which made it more basic while still being pretty.

Finally, I have to point out: Why the backwards tail fur in the newest version? That's a step backwards, not better! The backwards fur was the number one thing keeping me from getting a Demi before. All the pretty art does not redeem for me the fact that in some random place on the underside of its tail, the fur completely switches direction.

As much as I hate to be one to cry "redraw it again!", I think the latest version would have me *less* happy the the previously suggested revamp.
covet

Post by covet »

Yes, I voted for the old version, too. Really, the old version with thinner lines and a slightly altered mane would suit me fine. Trying to make the pet more anatomically accurate just seems to make it too chunky and lose the delicate qualities of the original. I love that the Demi (original) can either be a girl or a boy, its one of the few pets andro enough, really.

At any rate, I own a reborn Demi and it's the most beautiful thing ever, if they change that I'm coming for them.

Maybe they should just alter the Demi to the reborn pose? It really looks wonderful.

The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

The new updated demi is still being tweaked a bit, and a few of suggestions you guys mentioned have been done with the tweaked one.. So that one being polled won't be the 100% final one.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Third Revamp is up x.x

I'm still clutching on to my original Demi with all of my power. *sigh*

I just don't like the revamp, and i doubt I ever will.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Circe

Post by Circe »

ImageImage

Hmm, *stares* looks like they fixed the hair on the tail... perhaps lowered the eyebrows a little. Removed the little smile. Softened the shadows. Overall it's nice. I like it the best out of the revamps.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

The shadows have more of a furry effect now too. Tsume's pretty good about taking suggestions.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think the area around the eyes needs to be rounder. Tsume did some editing, but they are still a little too triangular for me. All of the other touch ups are pluses.
Image Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I actually really like the newest version... the sort of neutral, thoughtful expression it has is nice, and the fur shading looks good. I prefer the more realistic, feathery looking mane on the first revamp, but I like the newest revamp in every other aspect.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I can't see any of the new images. :( Something's wonky with the Subeta server... or my Internet connection. Would some kind soul take pity on me and upload the newest Demi to an image hosting site so I could see it? :oops:
covet

Post by covet »

Clear your cache, officer. It's happening to a lot of people.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I did clear my cache (CTRL+F5 and through FF's tools > options menu, unless there's another method). It didn't have any effect. :(

EDIT: Ah, no, I take that back. Now all of the Subeta images are broken. >_>
Fever

Post by Fever »

Illuen wrote:Image

Third Revamp is up x.x

I'm still clutching on to my original Demi with all of my power. *sigh*

I just don't like the revamp, and i doubt I ever will.

unfortunately, I share this sentiment. Im trying to like it. I really am. And I do like this version better than the last two. But I still far prefer the original. Im just attatched to it I guess.