Desert and Glowing Zafara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Desert and Glowing Zafara

Post by zebru »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Glowing again?

Desert is quite busy looking, but it has a nice colour scheme and I really like the shape of the eyes. Outfit looks like it was done in great rush - skirt is just awful and the headdress isn't much better. Either way, not very impressive additons to zafara colours.

So many lazy colours popping up lately - what are they so busy with that they can't spare a few days to do new colours justice?
Last edited by zebru on 02 Feb 2007 04:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

While I love the colors on the desert zafara, something about it just seems... off. The dozens of tiny stripes on the headdress make the head too cluttered for me, especially in the happy/sad/angry poses (and this is coming from an Ogrin lover) and without the bangs sticking out, the whole face looks kind of flat. I wish they'd done something with the ears besides hide them.

Glowing is... glowing. And why is that stupid light still cutting off the ring in the circle pose?

Neither color makes me want to repaint Zamy, that's for sure.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

There is something wrong with the Desert Zafara's face. Its eye is too big or something. The decorations are just too generic for me to like it... Also Glowing is glowing, you can't expect much from a color fill like that.
Image Image Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Ick. The damn glow's covering the circle again. I don't undterstand how the artists get paid for that crap. >.<; Really, is it so difficult to decrease the opacity?

Desert's... alright. I mean, after the Desert Buzz disaster, I'll accept just about anything else. Not too creative, though. :| Eh.

I'm not impressed, but I'm not disgusted either.

Edit: And a piece of the glowing zafara's toe got cut off in the beaten pose. x3
Last edited by Slugawoo on 02 Feb 2007 04:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The eye (because one is all you can really see) on desert is freaking me out, big time. Especially in circle and happy - it's huge! I like the colors, although the outfit is quite haphazard looking.

Can they not find an artist with a bit of time to take over new pets? What do they have them doing, if not pet art? There's no plot going on right now, and it's not like they release a thousand new items each day.

Sheesh.

Glowing is the same pile of crap we saw last week, probably done by the same artist; the one who doesn't know where the 'decrease opacity' control is.

I love Zafaras, I really do - I wish I loved these.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCD

Post by TCD »

There's something wrong with that eye...

Oh well, another two colors for my lab rat to turn into.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

Desert looks cluttered while glow is, well, a glowing pet, there isn't anything to it
rampalicious

Post by rampalicious »

The golden cloth that sticks out from the desert zafara's legs looks like a penis.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Fuck you Neo.

There better be an avatar.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I agree, desert just looks off. It's so shiny and... rounded? I don't know. But it reminds me of a lot of the (overly big, overly shiny, overly smooth) items that have been released (well, posted in the news, anyway; nothing's ever actually released anymore) lately.

Image Image Image

I dunno. I've been really disappointed with Neo for a while now. No new avatars, incredibly boring news every day, no plot prizes after more than two months, no new Defenders of Neopia challengers (or anything BD-related, actually), items never actually being released, and terrible pet colors. Usually I'm somewhat of a TNT apologist because they've always been nice to me, but all of this stuff just sucks.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Gee. Zafaras are ugly. No wait, it's just desert. I didn't have high hopes for glowing. I find the species tolerable at the very least, but still in need of a revamp. However, desert somehow manages to screw that up. It is too big, moreover I think just about everyone has problems drawing zafara faces if they solely copy the old pet. I've not see one that looked halfway decent that didn't fix the weird anatomy and sloping issues. The outfit itself is rather uninteresting.
amazonvero

Post by amazonvero »

I'm so disappointed. The Desert Zafara's face looks smushed in, that's what's odd. I'm not sure if it's because of the head-dress or lack of Zaffy bangs or what. The ears look wrong brought down like that. That and the headdress ends end so far down that it looks too busy with the necklace.

Glowing... well it's glowing. And not even good glowing.

I'm so bummed, I've been waiting for Zafara day to see what I should paint my last Zafara. I've been waiting for Desert for awhile too. And now I'm just seriously disappointed.
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

amazonvero wrote:Glowing... well it's glowing. And not even good glowing.

I'm so bummed, I've been waiting for Zafara day to see what I should paint my last Zafara. I've been waiting for Desert for awhile too. And now I'm just seriously disappointed.
My thoughts excately on both of these colors. I am especially disappointed with the Lost Desert because I have a zafara with the pefect name for the color. I bought the paintbrush ages ago. Guess I'll have to go with a personality match and paint him Xmas which has always been one of my favorite zafara colours. The angel look would suit him.
Not all who wander are lost.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I've never seen a glowing pet that impresses on me any sort of strong opinion so I'll gloss over that one, but Desert I do like.

I know what people mean about the eye - it seems to hark back to the old Zafaras, where the eyeball was more of a deep black orb rather than a white eye with an (amittedly very large) pupil as they seem to have these days.

Colouring is good, although the hit pose with the large expanse of headdress makes it look a bit like it's wearing an old Tesco carrier bag on its head (though they were blue-and-white stripes it still reminds me of them).
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I kind of like the Zafara, but somehting there is niggling at me, though I'm not sure what.

Glowing is...glowing. Meh. I used to have a glowing Wocky, before the revamp, so that's the only glowing pet I really like, and that's sentimental more than everything.