Desert and Glowing Zafara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I really, really want to like the desert Zafara. I do. but I can't. Besides the eye, something about it is very, very off to me and... I just... can't look at it very long.

Which sucks cause I personally think the shading on it is beautiful. But the pet itself...

The only pose I like is this one -

And even then I'd get bothered looking at it.

I don't think I'll bother to comment on glowing. Blah.
kerg

Post by kerg »

Glowing is just boring. What else is new?

As for desert, I love most of it, except the head. The eye is huge, and the headdress is just ugly. If it weren't for that, I'd really like it.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well I guess I'm an odd one by saying I actually like the Desert Zafara. I am going for a Desert themed side account to be peers or associates of a Royal Elephante, so far I have a Desert Pteri, mainly for this pose:

I also have a Desert Kau to be her source or milk to drink of sell, the third one I am hoping to be a Ruki and for the last one I wouldn't mind a Zafara or Kyrii.. maybe even Usul. :shock:

Glowing. pfft like I care. I hate Glowing, except on a Buzz.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I like the desert zafara too! It's not as good as it could have been, which is a shame (I thought desert seemed a likely possibility and was excited about it), but I don't think it's as horrible as you all seem to. :?

They had to reposition the ears a bit, because of the headdress; I like how floppy and cuddly they look. They've also slightly improved the strange anatomy in the battledome poses, though the price seems to be thick lines.

Would've been better without the skirt, I think. It doesn't add much and is really pretty ugly.

They also forgot the spots on the ears in the defensive pose :P
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

The desert zafara = Powerpuff Girl eyes. I feel bad for them- they never get a pose redraw or anything. They're always... just... SITTING THERE. Another epic fail. :?
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The line there, I think, is the makeup it's wearing. A lot of people have mentioned that the eye looks strange (I meant to put this in my earlier post, but forgot) and it is noticeably a different shape from normal, but I think at least part of what makes it look odd is the makeup.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

I wouldn't get either of them.
Kymie

Post by Kymie »

Glowing Zafara...nothing grand...*waves flag*

I kinda find everything one way or another on the desert zafara looks out of place, to busy, and to 'cute' for it's own good. It's horrible looking...TNT...get better artist please. x_o;
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the Desert or Glowing Zafara, but that's really all I can say. It's a case of "oh, a Desert Zafara and a Glowing Zafara... meh. Where did I leave this week's Neopian Times?"

On the other hand, there is something positively frightening about the front-page Zafara Day picture, and I cannot for the life of me work out what.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I was struggling to put my finger on exactly what was so wrong about the head of the desert zafara, but I think I can see now what it is: the head seems just too close to being spherical. And it seems more exaggeratedly convex between the nose and forehead. That, combined with the eye makeup, makes it look rather odd. I don't like all the bits and bobs strewn around to make the pet deserty, either.

The quality of the art is okay, I guess, none of the lines are hugely thick- the worst bit is the shading of the tail here:
It looks rather uneven and makes the tail appear to be somewhat angular.

Glowing is just glowing. With an opaque glow. Clever, that.
Neopets wishlists: here
Poseidon

Post by Poseidon »

I THOUGHT I liked the Desert Zafara, but now....it just looks like an outdated Zafara with fancy clothes. Woot. Go for new colors. Woot.
The sea is my blood, my blood is the sea.....I am friends with it, it is friends with me. The sea is deadly when angered, as am I. But what others don't know....
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

I usually like zafaras well enough, but the glowing is just, y'know, glowing (nothing exciting there, anyway), and the desert - usually, a nice, fancier color like that makes up for a boring color like glowing or pink or whatnot.

And this time, it doesn't. Maybe it's too busy, maybe the clothes chosen were wrong, I don't know, but it looks like a zaf who got caught trying on all the clothes in her mom's closet without knowing how to put them together.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Both of them SUCK.

Desert because it's busy and has thick lines.

Glowing because it's very lazy.

What happened to the quality of pet art on Neopets?
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I don't mind the clothes or the colours of the desert zafara. I don't like the muzzle, though. It's supposed to be in perspective, but it just looks lopsided.,