Snow Tonu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rustyblu

Snow Tonu

Post by Rustyblu »

Nothing amazing.
rampalicious

Post by rampalicious »

Another boring colour..I was hoping for maraquan or royal..
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Another standard snow pet. So stereotypical in every way basically. Doesn't even have leafy ruff like the Yurble. It's way too close to the regular shape, theyre just made the lines a tiny bit wobbly.

Snow buzzer sets a good example of things they COULD do to make snow more interesting.

ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Rest of the poses, since we still don't have a database >_>;

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

My hate for tonus remains steady. What a crap job, not that I expected much. The beaten pose in particular bothers me. Then again, this whole species bothers me.

Creative that the leaves turn brown in the beaten pose at least. Too bad its quivering. Snow doesn't quiver.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Crap, crap, CRAP.

What the hell is with the pets being so lazy lately?
gidget

Post by gidget »

*sigh*

It should have a wreath for a ruff.

It's not horrid, but it's not all that special either.
amazonvero

Post by amazonvero »

If they're going for coals as eyes, shouldn't there not be white stuff? I'm also not a fan of the fact that the carrot isn't shaped enough like a carrot, it follows the horn shape too much. The brown leaves weirded me out at first, but now it's one thing that I do like.

Overall though, nothing special. I'm not a big Tonu fan but this could have been better.
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I'm a little dissappointed. I adopted a Tonu the other day, and I was hoping for something great that's slightly cheaper than Faerie.

It's just so boring. The only reason I could imagine anyone getting this colour is for roleplay purposes.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I just don't see how leaves go brown when you bash them. But other then that, I don't mind it. Nothing special and I hope we get a really good colour to go with it.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ew, poor Tonu, don't even get a redraw, lame. I would have liked to see it melting in the beaten post and have it look a little more, ya know, Snow-like.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

amazonvero wrote:If they're going for coals as eyes, shouldn't there not be white stuff?
Yeah, its eyes are really bothering me, too; very, very lifelike for being coal. I don't even think they redrew the eyes ,just colored them in various shades of grey.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

I don't like even the style. It keeps the old style, when nowadays we got better drawn tonus like this for example:

And they did it again with the eyes. Remember the plushie gnorbu. Both got life-like eyes, instead of buttons/beads or coals/stones/whatever. Sigh.... nothing special to say. The wreath tail thing is ugly. That's all.

ImageImage
Wut....
ImageImageImage
checkers

Post by checkers »

Blehh, typical TNT ;-;

I wrote into the Neopian Times asking for Royal Tonu to be released and they give Snow o_o royal Tonu even has it's own TCG.

Would have been nice and made my friends day (she's saving for Royal PB to paint a Tonu in due course), snow is blehh, if they didn't wanna make Royal atleast a Re-draw! (thinks back to Aisha day) disappointing.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

That one leaf sitting in the middle of the snow tonus head really bugs me :x
Coal eyes would made it better and maybe a bent stick for the tail?
Not all who wander are lost.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I was thinking bent stick for the tail, too -- do they really think a skinny little snow tail like that could bend that way without falling off?