Pirate Tonu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
immortal_janemba

Pirate Tonu

Post by immortal_janemba »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nothing Amazing in the slightest. I like the idea for the wooden peg for a horn, but like the carrot on the snow it curves too much just like the horn. I do like the evilness in this pose though.

ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

:?

After the Gnorbu and Xweetok, I was expecting something so much more impressive than this "effort." You cannot just throw a shirt and eyepatch on a set of default poses and call it pirate.

...Well, maybe you can, but that doesn't make me like it any more.

The close attack pose in particular is just... ugh! He looks like he's swapping blindly at his opponent (it's the eyepatch doing it; I can't tell if his other eye is open or not). And what's with the fang? I don't understand how that's "pirate-inspired." That's something I'd expect for the Tyrannian or Darigan color.

There's no way I'd pay the 3+ million price tag to paint my tonu this, and if I ever got one during a zap, I'd keep zapping.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 21 Feb 2007 02:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

That peg leg horn is amazing. To laugh at.

What an ugly color fill.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

don't Tonus always have that fang though? :?

the peg horn is clever, but otherwise, pretty bland. :/ And not particularly pirate-y... I dunno, it just seems to lack something, but I can't put my finger on what.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

No; the tonus have a gap in their smile, but you can't see any fangs through it:

Now that I've checked the other poses, though, it looks like you can see it in the angry pose(s):

So, I guess we're both right. ;)
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Meh, nothing awesome.

Is it me or does it looks a bit smaller than other Tonus?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Tonus always always ALWAYS get screwed over.

God damnit.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Looks like Mossy's still getting painted Faerie. Damnit TNT! They need more redraws! MORE I SAY. Definitely not worth the ridiculously expensive pirate paint brush.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Officer 1BDI wrote::?
The close attack pose in particular is just... ugh! He looks like he's swapping blindly at his opponent (it's the eyepatch doing it; I can't tell if his other eye is open or not).
It's not blinb. Which is much better than some pets, still don't have the other pose.
Might I just say, this is the awful. The horn does not look like a pirate appendage to me. And I'm ignoring the fact that the face seems to be a different colour than the body in some poses.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

It's so dark. I can barely see a difference between the lines and different shades of the mane on my monitor.
LΟL
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

rebelheart wrote:It's so dark. I can barely see a difference between the lines and different shades of the mane on my monitor.
Yup, this is true, but the dark mane is about the only thing on this pet I like, a light hair colour would kill this pet, much like I think it did for the Kyrii. (on top of other things)

I'm not that bad, right?
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Like the xweetok, they went for the "blacky" manes. Oh well... I can't stand why knowing the Tonu needs an urgently redraw in order to fit better to the new paintbrushes, and they preffer to overdo the old pose and busy it with stuff and more stuff. Too stuffed for my taste... No redraw this year too...

This pose is gross Image
But...

they cared to change the patch :| (but still looking backwards when charging)
ImageImageImage
Jack Sparrow Wanna be

Post by Jack Sparrow Wanna be »

I hate it D:
But not that much.
But I think this new colour fill has died down my love for pirate pets D:.
Soo horrid and plain.
The names either Llama, Jack or Tasha
(my real name being Tarsha but I never use it xP)
Leave the purple pets alone! The orange spots happen to be one of the best contrasts in neopets :D
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I generally don't like the "ordinary" looking pirate colours. There's nothing specifically wrong with the Pirate Tonu, except that it's just too plain. It's unbalanced that some pets get cool "evil pirate captain" looking paint jobs, and others get "anonnymous pirate lacky" paint jobs.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Just to note down other thing I saw:
ImageImage

I guess I found its weak point :|
ImageImageImage