Pirate and Snow Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I still think mutant and grey are the only good gelert colors. I doubt anything will change my mind unless they completely revamp the poor dog. I like some of the shopkeepers (like the one in my avatar), and I like the great dane look of the grey and hyena-type look of the mutant. I hate the normal goofy puppy with its tongue hanging out. I also hate how simple and "old art" it looks. It's just cartoony and awful.

Image Image Image Image

Seriously, though.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Both so lazy!! Can't they do any better with the gelert seriously, the species has so few decent colours ;_;. I love the idea of the cord ears and the brach tail but the rest is just meh. Honestly what's with the life-like eyes? And non-frozen tears? Poor gelert owners are going to be so disappointed.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

The gelert could've been so good as a redraw, but the original gelert just looks too flat to make anything good out of it. :( They're so lazy with pirates in general lately, none of the last colours they came up with were worth the brush :/
LΟL
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Thought I'd mention here that the Desert Gelert has been deleted from the neopets servers.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Woohoo!

Or it would be if that means they're redrawing it and not just replacing it with the equally crappy snow.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

...I like it. I like the pirate, but it doesn't look very...piratey. I like it when the pirates look smug or pissed off or something, this just screams 'Hey Ma! I dressed up as a Pirate for Halloween!'

And that eyepatch. It keeps swapping around....

I still like it though.

And I'm quite fond of the snow. It looks like something that was genuinely built out of snow. I am so glad they didn't attempt to make stringy ears out of snow. Though iceicles for ears would have been kind of neat.

I really like Gelerts, but I wish there were some nicer colours for them. They're nice, but neither are really worth the money.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

My oldest pet is a Gelert. He's currently waiting on a side for a great colour to paint him... These colours definitely don't convince me to paint him them. I'll probably end up making him Mutant.

On the other hand I don't find these colours the worst Gelert colours but everytime TNT comes out with a new colour they always give them the short end of the stick when it comes to creativity.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

just I want to know why they can't fuse the department of Shoopkeepers Artists with the department of Common Pets Artists :x So many employees or only they have one working at it and he/she is suffering from something deeply sad.

Well, they did a kind of "redraw" over the old normal poses for the snow. I like it BUT, again, a bit lazy. It could be best to use 2 branches knotted to 2 ropes, rather than to build up those "snow stalks". The peebles for the nose and eyes are cute, but the poses are lazy as *thinks about something really awful*. The beaten pose is like saying "Oh, scratch my back, pwetty please?" The ranged attack again, on this pet is really confusing (it is doing a kind of "psychic attack" or what?).

For the pirate, I will pass. No redraw, just another "stick & stack" cloth fill (god, even on One Piece there are more gamma of pirate suits than this......)

I want new avatars... *mourns silently in a corner*

It is sad...... Gelerts are cool pets, and were made in memory of a real dog-hero. Poor dog... Gelerts deserves more than this, specially for the dog-lovers.
ImageImageImage
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Both are extremely lazy. The reason the eyepatch (and the gold earring if you look) swap is because they have to have both sides for battledome pose and can't be arsed to bother editing One of the directions to make it.. y'know, consistent.

Sad really.. Gelert was one of my first pets ever. :(
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Both are aesthetically pleasing enough for me to not mind looking at them. I just hate it when they have the generic striped look for Pirate.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Trick wrote:Thought I'd mention here that the Desert Gelert has been deleted from the neopets servers.
Well.... bum! I actually liked that one a bit. These two are a little on the simple side. It's a shame that a pet with so much potential (it's a dog, for God's sake!) gets overlooked so often. But, eh, who am I to tell them how to run their business?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Kantark wrote:
Trick wrote:Thought I'd mention here that the Desert Gelert has been deleted from the neopets servers.
Well.... bum! I actually liked that one a bit. These two are a little on the simple side. It's a shame that a pet with so much potential (it's a dog, for God's sake!) gets overlooked so often. But, eh, who am I to tell them how to run their business?
We are their customers. Customers have always the reason :)

....sometimes.
ImageImageImage
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

Snow needs a scarf and then it will look perfect. ^^
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Now officially released in the news, I guess Desert really is gone for good, say hello to crappy Gelert day.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Booooo.

They missed an awesome chance to do up a salty sea dog character with the Pirate and the Snow is just... eesh. Painful.
old world underground where are you now?