Pirate and Snow Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Pirate and Snow Gelert

Post by zebru »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I'm quite fond of cord ears and branch tail on snow gelert. I'd prefer if ears were all cord though instead of half of them being odd snow stalks.

Pirate is just plain lazy as tonu was. Plus eye patch is mysteriously shifting from left eye to right.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
kerg

Post by kerg »

Hmm...I'm dissapointed with all the non-redrw pirates lately. :( There's nothing really wrong with the Gelert, but I sure wouldn't pay over 3 million for it. Snow is simple but nice, I like the ears. Using rope is a way better idea than trying to make skinny ears out of snow. The beaten pose is weird though, shivering snow?
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

Pasted on cloths for a pirate pet? yup that's the new TNT for ya, what happenedto the old gives us a new avi every week cool pet colors TNT we all know and lovE?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Bleh. I dislike them both. Very uncreative. The pirate gelert sucks. Pirate pets have sucked in general lately. I hate TNT today.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Lazy, LAZY, LAZY!

What the hell is with the lazy-as-hell colorfills lately? Has TNT lost their collective minds?!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I think the Pirate Gelert is quite attractive actually. The Happy pose is a bit bland, but I like the sad look a lot. As for Snow... I'm not normally a fan, but this is oddly live-looking, as opposed to the freakishly inanimate-seeming Snow pets we usually get. It's actually a Neopet. But the ears are somewhat disturbing.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 01 Mar 2007 02:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Laaaaaaaazy. Snow is pretty nice, though. TNT has a spark of originality left, I guess. Pirate... bleh. I've always hated gelert tongues. They just hang there like felt safety-pinned on.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Holy Mediocrity Batman!

I was really hoping for another jacketed pirate pet
ie.Kougra

But...no. we get this. :P Ahh, TNT...where have the days gone where I fell in love with more colours than I could accomodate?
ImageImageImage
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Pirate Gelert...Uh, the Snow Gelert is a decent concept that was poorly executed. I mean, rope ears is creative, but darn, if it didn't make the poor thing come off as cheap. D:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
glitterbean

Post by glitterbean »

the snow gelert's ears remind me of skinny a grundo's ears.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Ok, snow pets on the whole are generally lazy and not very well done. But this one is especially crappy. Sure whatever ropes don't appear on any other snow pets. But the outline, normally snow pets are stupid how they simply make the outlines bumpy and expect it to be reasonably possible for it to be constructed. But this one seems to have a normal gelert outline, especially crap I can barely stand to look at it.

The pirate gelert's black scarfy thing looks alright. Its bandanna also alright. But it has an eye patch as usual and a boring one at that, also a red and white striped shirt woohoo. Its pirate attitude is also exactly the same as a regular gelerts attitude. So basically they're telling us regular gelerts have the same personality as a pirate, or vice versa.

Oh also the pirate gelert's eye patch switches sides. They correct it with some of them I don't see why pets can't be consistent, the recent low level of quality is consistent so why can't the proper sided eye patches.
ImageImage
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Eh I think these are both decent pets. Not amazing, just good.
glitterbean wrote:the snow gelert's ears remind me of skinny a grundo's ears.
Not to get off topic, but this comment just made me realize how long it's been since Grundos have received a new colour.
Image Image Image
Veo

Post by Veo »

It is the suck.

Pirate could have been SO MUCH MORE. WHY TNT, WHY?!? WHY BASTARDIZE IT?! *cries*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

They both fail miserably. Pirate is the most expensive color on the site, isn't even available from the lab, and they didn't even try to redraw it. Snow doesn't look remotely like snow and I don't know what the heck they're trying to accomplish with the ears. Why not use, I don't know, twigs or something? Add a scarf or a collar? Bleh.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I hold that gelerts get some of the most boring colors out there. I mean it, other than spotted I can't think of a single color that wows me. Maraquan is okay and grey is rather well executed, but all in all the poor puppies always suffer when it comes to any color, be it color fill or redraw. Look at faeire for instance, gah.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets