Island Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Well, that was unexpected.

I love the headdress and the swirls on the wings. It's a lot different to the way pets from Mystery Island normally dress.

For some reason, I can actually picture one of these leading its own religion or something... *mulls over possible 'Times ideas*
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

OMG, instant love! One of the best Island Pet, IMO.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I saw the title, and at first, I was scared for the integrity of the hissi...but
it is good

Feathers are amazing...and like what's already been said, leaf bandages! finally...a realistic bandage in the beaten pose!

I might try labbing for this as well, as soon as I get my mutant mynci :D

EDIT: the more I look at it, the better it gets...rocking jewellery as well.
Last edited by danceu4ia on 07 Mar 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm..without the feathers this pet would be a disaster. It looks alright, but I'm kind of disappointed that, like most Island pets, it follows the basic tan scheme. I would much prefer an original Island pet like Kyrii, Bruce, maybe even Uni.

I suppose the leaf bandages are ok, but I'm not fond of the gold bands, I can imagine them just slipping off.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

love!

I love Hissis anyway, I'm a dork. The bandages are great, the necklace is great. The feathers! Fantastic. The pretty patterning! I almost want one, but have no room.

edit:
adi_gallia wrote:I suppose the leaf bandages are ok, but I'm not fond of the gold bands, I can imagine them just slipping off.
The Hissi does not make physical sense anyway; no muscle mass for the wings, no possibility of flying with such tiny wings, etc. I don't think that a few gold bands really makes it less likely to exist than it already is. ^_~
Image Image
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I think I may have just found a colour for the poor green Hissi I have languishing on one of my sides. Quetzals look like they'd be a lovely match for this.

ImageImage
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Moehawks for the WIN

Also joining the win pile are those leaf bandages and the design on the outside of the wings.

WINNAR
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

AngharadTy wrote:The Hissi does not make physical sense anyway; no muscle mass for the wings, no possibility of flying with such tiny wings, etc. I don't think that a few gold bands really makes it less likely to exist than it already is. ^_~
Haha, I suppose you're right, it's just things like that bug me, the Island Bruce has this style of bracelet and that's the main thing I hate about it, I love the rest of the pet.

I'm dancing like this because my bracelets would fall off if I put my arms by my side.

EDIT: I'm liking the broken necklace in this pose.

But I can't look at it for too long because his head looks SO big in proportion to the rest. :shock:
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I swear this existed. xDD I was almost expecting it to be like CallyKariShokka's avatar. I like the feathers ^^ I just wish the body color matched the darigan quetzal better.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Ty it has a tiny skull around its neck. Are really sure you don't need one? ;)

It's pretty neat - I already like hissis so pretty coloursheme and feathers only add to its appeal. The only thing that confuses me a bit is the skin between its eyes - it looks like orange bark of some sort or orange muscle thingy *inspects it suspiciously*

In any case it's nice to see TNT pop up some good colours outside pet day mandatory ones.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my god.

I WANT ONE.

I'm a small hissi fan, I LOVE ice hissis and the concept of hte pet in general, but this. THIS. This. Oh my god.

*fawns*

I need one. AGH. Must pick up a ton of hissis on hissi day xDD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Squee! Huggles wants. I have nowhere to put one, but I still want it. It has a teeny skull, appropriate bandages, and is not the same color as the desert/yellow/brown hissis! *huggles*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

zebru wrote:Ty it has a tiny skull around its neck. Are really sure you don't need one? ;)
Well, I am considering zapping the ice hissi that no one has asked for, once this is released. Just to see what happens. ^_~
Image Image
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Wow, I was expecting some half-assed thing with a grass skirt somehow stuck midway down its snake body. This is great! The headdress thing is a great change of pace from flowers, grass skirts, and bracelets like most Island pets. I could do without the bracelets, but the skull necklace and markings give me the impression of some kind of island witch docter creature.

And the leaf bandages? Sweet! That should be a standard for island pets.

This pet was so easy to mess up, I was almost certain it would end up as a failure color. I actually shuddered when I saw the title. I'm really, really shocked. *applauds artist*