STOP! Your password's not secure enough!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
rebelheart

STOP! Your password's not secure enough!

Post by rebelheart »

So. I get this message, even though my password has numbers in it and is a made up word.
If you've still an account with a no numbers password it would give you the message:Your password can't be all letters. Please add numbers or any of the characters !@#%^&*$+. _() to it.
But since I have numbers in my password, I don't get any message as to what's wrong with it, and I don't know what they expect me to change about it :/
LΟL
Wind

Post by Wind »

I have the exact same problem! It gives me that every time I log in, and I've been coming up with increasingly difficult passwords, but it doesn't help. I don't know if it's a glitch or what. :/
Kally

Post by Kally »

Same happened to me and I also have numbers placed throughout my made up words and strange gibberish, even punctuation thrown in there, and it's not secure enough?
Weird.
Maybe they had a security breach and this is their way of telling us all to change our words? Or am I paranoid?
Or it's a glitch. Too bad they don't tell us about these kind of things in the news. :|
Now that I said that watch them put something in the news to make me look like a moron xD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm not having that problem, at least on the two accounts I just tried. I have non-letters in my words, too.

I haven't actually tried changing my password(s) yet, though. I'm not sure I really want to try it at the moment.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think your password is too short, I had a password in the form x#xxx with x being letter and # number and I got that message, I just changed it and problem fixed.
Wind

Post by Wind »

3 days ago my password was xXxxx##xxxx and I've changed it a few times since then, like I said it doesn't help.

Some people on the Charter Premium boards are having this problem too. It's definitely looking like a glitch, but it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.
sureq

Post by sureq »

I have a password xxxx##xxxxx# still not secure enough. I think its just being glitchy, like everything else is.
ImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

I found I had a problem when I was changing a password, I wanted to make it "thislove!", and it didn't like it, until I removed the word "love" from it. If you have a full word at all, you might want to try removing it by deleting a letter and moving it somewhere else, say, because it could be something like that.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

I think the problem most of you are having is your passwords are made up only of Xs and #s.
Discman

Post by Discman »

Cheese, ya kill me man. Really.
Save me.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Madge wrote:I found I had a problem when I was changing a password, I wanted to make it "thislove!", and it didn't like it, until I removed the word "love" from it. If you have a full word at all, you might want to try removing it by deleting a letter and moving it somewhere else, say, because it could be something like that.
Nope. Two of mine are misspelt foreign words with _s added in places that would make sense only to me.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I added another number to my passwords and that seems to have taken police chia off my case. It scared hell out of me when I first saw him.
Last edited by zebru on 09 Mar 2007 06:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I am also having this problem. My password is #xxxxxxxxxxx, so it's not that short, and contains no words.

Grr.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I have a password on an account that contains a real word and 2 numbers at the end, it's 7 characters long, not an uncommon word so it can't be that.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

It told me my password for my main wasn't secure yesterday... My passswords are all random numbers and letters, and it only jumped me on my main. o_O I was thinking it was doing that because I relogged into my main quite a lot yesterday (...to avoid getting the toolbar stuff on sides while I was working on petpages).

So far, it hasn't so much as twitched at me today, but then, I haven't really logged in and out yet, either.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]