Robot Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
kerg

Post by kerg »

Hm, I kind of like the idea of it, but the colorscheme is way too blah. :| I'm also disliking the similarity of all the poses, half of them are almost identical. Wait, see what I just noticed? The tongue in this pose. It looks like a red triangle made with the shape tool on paint.
Pathetic. The Scorchios needed a revamp so badly, and all we get is that speckled crap. Even this is better than that one, but it wasn't released. One ugly new color, no new avatar, no revamp, bad shopkeepers...what a horrible Scorchio day. :(
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I like the mood poses of this, it looks like a real robot that you could actually make rather than something back from the future. The battledome poses though are not well drawn at all.

I'm not a fan of robot pets but if I was, I'd probably want a robot pet like this.
glitterbean

Post by glitterbean »

This is a lovely scorchio ;D
I wish they had redrawn them like that one.

This is very very very flat.
Maybe they'll release a new one later on in the day, like they did with the darigan korbat ?
Poseidon

Post by Poseidon »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote: And the more I look at this Scorchio, the more I find myself getting used to it. I can see it as a custom character who's actually been assembled out of an old Hoover and some lab machinery, who's constantly trying to be a fearsome pet like the Robot Lupe but just ends up being loveable.
ARGGHH! You're right! I kind of like the thing now....but, it still has horrid artwork. Kind of like the Ugly Duckling of Robot pets...
The sea is my blood, my blood is the sea.....I am friends with it, it is friends with me. The sea is deadly when angered, as am I. But what others don't know....
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Huggles wrote:I am the only one who thinks it's made out of paper and bits of black plastic? It looks like an origami interpretation of a robot scorchio.
No you are not, that's exactly the feel I get. I can't for the life of me see this as a robot - colour scheme is all wrong, wings are terrible, shading almost inexistent - it has tv future movie from '70s feel. It looks older than scorchios themselves.

I really hope the reason it wasn't announced is they plan on fixing it, and not because they plan on releasing it two days later for a robot themed day.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Ahera

Post by Ahera »

Oh my o___o
It looks like a 35p tacky paper fan from an old shop o_o
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Okay, now, there's something you've got to know. I love simple robot pets. Assuming I'm correct, they were originally made by Sloth to help him with his work. Sloth isn't the type to spend extra money on accesories.
Why would you spend extra money to make the spikey hair thing that has no use?
Following this logic, a simple robot is best. So, I like simple Robot pets. So then, why do I hate this? I think because, since it's so simple, they could have fancied it up a bit. It has awful shading and thick lines. Were they to have made it shinier, not thick-lined, more shading-ier... It would've been awsome in my book. As it is, it's just a no-effort pet. Why do Robot pets even have to look like the pets, anyway? Look at the Maraquan Grarrl. Perfectly effective, even though it's not a Grarrl.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
smirkish

Post by smirkish »

ImageI have a big head and little arms~<-3

And then this...THING. D<

...TNT you suck at copying things. ;=; -heartbreak-
ImageImage
Thanks Twisted for my set. ^^ And MM for meh evil wooble bunny!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well if that's what it's supposed to be, they really do suck at imitating it. A lot.

nanabobo, I'm a bit confused. What, exactly, would a robot Neopet look like if not a Neopet? The Maraquan grarrl does not look like a normal grarrl, obviously, but it's still based on some sort of animal. There is no default robot form that they could use instead.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

This pet PHAILS. The lines are thick, the poses are static, AND IT RETAINED THE CRAPTACULAR ATTACK POSE. Also, snout and hand anatomy seems wrong, and it's not shiny. I like my shiny Robot pets. ;.;

ImageImage

You phail at Robot life!
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

TNT get a cookie for not releasing this pile of crap. Thank you!
LΟL
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Oh good, I'm not the only one that saw it and immediately thought 'robo raptor.' Seems smirkish and I are on a similar wavelength there.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

checkers wrote:Image
I'm just the same face as happy but without a tail and ear
You mean a wing :P

God, at leastthis thing was notreleased........ TNT ismore busy with sponsor games rather t han with art.

I got todaythe score avatar with the last sponsor game. Good....
ImageImageImage
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Huggles wrote:nanabobo, I'm a bit confused. What, exactly, would a robot Neopet look like if not a Neopet? The Maraquan grarrl does not look like a normal grarrl, obviously, but it's still based on some sort of animal. There is no default robot form that they could use instead.
I guess was just ranting because the Scorchio sucks so much and I'm sad they didn't get a revamp. It made me remember this idea I had of a Robot Chia that's a flying saucer instead, and thinking they could go with the standard square-headed beepy lighted person routine. Trying to correct my previous wrong, though, one of the best Robot pets is the Tuskaninny. It's simple and effective. There's also the Chomby, also simple and effective. Just go out, look almost like a Neopet, kill the enemy, and come back and serve Sloth. No big fancy curls of hair and such they don't need.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I personally like the more fluid/futuristic robot pets. The retro-futuristic box style robot just doesn't work for me.

The battledome attacks seem really outdated to me as well.
Image Image Image