Robot Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Both of which I think are the worst examples of robots. The chomby wins on personality, but I can't abide the horribly dated and ugly art. I like robots that look like the latest and greatest in technological achievement, not stuff someone built in their backyard with legos and electrical tape. I don't follow your view of Sloth that Sloth wouldn't want the same. I don't understand the hair thing either, and I think it's the least of the robot zafara's problems.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

All the dissing on the Robot Kacheek is really making my kacheek sad inside. :'(

But blatent change of topic aside, I think the scorchio is "meh".
Not hateworthy, but I'd probably rezap it if I got it with the lab ray. I like certain elements, but the extreme lack of movement is jarring.
ImageImageImage
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

checkers wrote:Image
I'm just the same face as happy but without a tail and ear
Bleh. It's even got green lights instead of blue for beaten.
ImageImage
gidget

Post by gidget »

RoboScorchio wrote:Image

"Even I'm happy to see myself blown to bits."
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Yawn, yawn, yawn. TNT fails on this one. When I have to check eye colour to see what emotion is being expressed...no thank you.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

That's so stupid. I really hope it wasn't intentionally based off the robo raptor. I like robo raptors. But I hate this piece of shit.

I like the black/white colorscheme, but the whole damn thing still needs to be redrawn. What a fugly robot.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Bad imatation of Roboraptor. BAD!

So, this is completely not stellar. The wings look completely impractical. Are they supposed to cut? 'Cause they certainly can't use them for flying. And why would they? They're robots.

And I like the Robot Kacheek. Robot Acara and Robot Gnorbu are still my favourites.

Poor Scorchio. They deserve a better pet day. I'm starting to think we should run our own pet days, where we all draw art and show our ideas for new Scorchio colours. At least that would be less dissappointing.
Phlizz

Post by Phlizz »

Obviously I'm in a tiny minority here, but I actually like this. Okay, I don't like it a lot (the art could probably be improved, and the poses aren't overly imaginative), but I quite like the basic design. Of course my favourites are always the older and more basic-looking of the robot pets; the two Robots I own are the Tuskaninny and Chomby (which I absolutely adore).
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm one of the ones that adore the newer, smoother and prettier robots. Though I do like the chomby because of the personality it holds and it makes me giggle everytime I look at the poses. Though I don't mind haveing more simple robot pets now and again to have a change of pace. But this is just...sad. I feel sorry for the poor scorchio. They deserve better then this.

On a side note, I love the robo raptor! I want one! **clears throat** That's all.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I guess I'm just one of those minorities who think old-fashioned robots look better. Yeah, they need revamped, but not redrawn. Just traced over and reshaded. Then again, I also think Chias could have potential if revamped, so there ya go.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Oh man, this is bad. The legs and tail are inconsistant, it's completely flat, very little pose variation, and the wings... ugh. Is it just me, or were they copy-pasted and rotated in every pose except ranged? I'm also inclined to agree that this looks more like an oragami robot than an actual robot. It's just... awful.

The color changing eyes are a cool idea, and they look pretty nifty on a lot of robot pets. But having eye color to fall back on is no excuse for lazyness. Aside from the eye, all the emotion poses are exactly the same (well, angry does have some teeth, but still...), and what on earth is going on with its battle poses? Is that poison gas coming out of its chest? A, um, red triangle with rings? And beaten, where its arms don't even droop, and its eyes don't even change color? All that happens is it loses a wing(?), has some minor injuries, and shoots green and orange electricity.

The most dissapointing thing, I think, is that five of its eight poses are nearly identical. But it's hard to tell with this thing. This is all kinds of fail.
kaytea

Post by kaytea »

although it is a bit erm cute its still not that good =(
TNT has been really lazy lately
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

The little nostril bolts really should have had Phillips-type screw drives on them.

I enjoy some of the oldschool, cobbled together, 1970's Dalek style robots. The Tuskaninny is hilarious and I hope it never changes, because it was made out of a lawn mower and a barbecue.

But this -- this is lazy. I don't see how it can MOVE. No joints, no hinges, no nothing. It's a stationary light-changey thing that I can only assume is run on a battery, as I can't see a cord anywhere.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I look at them and say 'they're ok' then look again and say 'ew' xD
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

It's kind of adorable in a way, and it reminds me a little bit of the iMac for some reason. I might actually like it if the lines weren't so thick, but I don't think it's really that passable as a robot pet. Needs more lasers.