Robot Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Robot Scorchio

Post by Officer 1BDI »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Save for the three BD poses, the Robot Scorchio seems really... static. :( He doesn't even look phased by his injuries in the beaten pose.

EDIT: I didn't even know the news was out. Why wasn't this released with the Speckled Scorchio? :|
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 13 Mar 2007 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Why do I get the impression it was built from a vacuum cleaner?

Not bad, but nothing special.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

oh bleh.

It looks so bad compared to the new robot pets that have been coming out. Compare this to the Robot Lenny and it's not even a comparison.

TNT, you FAIL at Scorchios.

With just a little revamp I would like them so much more =/
Poseidon

Post by Poseidon »

Know why they didn't release it? Because this thing is a hunk of junk! It is one of TNT's worst colors. I hope the artist gets attacked by Meepits for this trash.

And still no update. Huh. The attack pose just looks weird. Sad. A shame to all Robot pet lovers. Including me! :(
The sea is my blood, my blood is the sea.....I am friends with it, it is friends with me. The sea is deadly when angered, as am I. But what others don't know....
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Image Rawr! I am ANGRY - err, you can tell because my lights have turned red!

Image Woe! I am SAD - err, you can tell because my lights have turned blue!

Other than the amazing changing lights of doom the poses are almost identical in every way. Go, Neo, you've amazed me yet again with your creativity and innovation.

Not.

*echoes Jessi* TNT fails, totally and completely and utterly, at Scorchios.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

I think it's slightly adorable, but this is probably only due to the fact that it doesn't remind me of a Scorchio.
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." -Adams
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Another one bites the dust. It even uses the same crappy color scheme as the kacheek. Bleh. Looks like the only options for 4 are still the pteri and perhaps the lenny. I am the only one who thinks it's made out of paper and bits of black plastic? It looks like an origami interpretation of a robot scorchio.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

Oh dear, it could have been so much more. It would have been a little better if they hadn't chosen to make it white. Right now t just looks flat.

Now to wait another year hoping for a revamp.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I think TNT is starting to over-use their Idea of:

Green: Happy
Blue: Sad
Red: Angry

It //was// effective to me, but now they've used it in EVERY robot pet they've made since then, other than that I love it, nice colours looks like something you'd find in a Scrap yard sale just been polished and relighted to sell for more money. I'd definitely lab for one, heck I'd lab for any Robot pets.
Mostly Chia and Poogle though ;) I'm the Star wars fan in the house! =3
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Poseidon wrote:Know why they didn't release it? Because this thing is a hunk of junk!
That's hardly stopped them before. :p

I agree that the mood ring eyes are getting old; it just gives the artists an excuse to be lazy about poses, IMO. I'm actually fond of the color scheme, but I wish the tail didn't look like a piano keyboard, and the wings seem oddly shaped, like they're only half a wing. It doesn't look very "metallic" to me; if they'd only added highlights in the right place to suggest that the Scorchio was shiny, this might be less of a problem, but as things stand now, it looks like they only threw some shadows here and there.

The more I look at this thing, the more I find wrong with it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

ImageImageImage

Look ma! I was drawn in year 2!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I actually like the Robot Kacheek a lot. It looks like an astronaut... I once nearly applied for one but decided I hadn't the room.

And the more I look at this Scorchio, the more I find myself getting used to it. I can see it as a custom character who's actually been assembled out of an old Hoover and some lab machinery, who's constantly trying to be a fearsome pet like the Robot Lupe but just ends up being loveable.

Heh, that's just how I am.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Actually I don't hate this pet.
I love all robots *hugs some mechanical protical droid walking past*

They're all nice and can have a really cool story too them..I wan't a robot now *puppy dog pout* must find one UFA.
I'm the only bad robot pet.

EDIT: Wait, the whole Red, blue and green thing was around before Nimmo emote.

ImageImageImage
*pokes the tail*
At least with the moehog they make the battle poses with the red tail

Angery in battle.
Yellow defence
Grey for dead?

with the scorchio the eyes are just green in battle, defence and dead.
Last edited by checkers on 13 Mar 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I used to think of Scorchio as one of the 'main' Neopets. When I thought of Neopets I thought of Scorchios and Chias. But seeing this poor attempt at a Scorchio as well as the one they released I am quite disappointed in what they have done, not a single decent thing has came from Scorchio day. The most effort I see in the news is from the people who entered the Art Gallery.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I'm just the same face as happy but without a tail and ear