checkers' behaviour

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
daisybell

checkers' behaviour

Post by daisybell »

It is with great reluctance that I make this topic, but frankly, I have had enough. I know checkers has not done any one big thing to warrant a public topic about it, but there come a point when all the little things add up. I know that the moderators have spoken to him, both on topics and by PM. However, he is either not listening or doesn't care. Perhaps he doesn't realise how much his spamming and constant rudeness have annoyed members of the community- not just the moderators, who are the people who have to deal with his anti-social posts, but the ordinary members of the community. If that is the case, I hope he realises that his behaviour is not acceptable. If, however, he is just doing it because he thinks it is funny or clever then he needs to realise this. And not just by another verbal warning from a mod, but by seeing how much the rest of the community will not tolerate this kind of stupidity.

I also realise checkers is one of the younger members of the forum, but he is not too young to be responsible for his own actions and there have been many well liked members of Neocolours of a similar age.

Today's deluge of spam, resulting in this: http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/69/formaro1.png is enough. That checkers should think it something to be proud of (and, indeed, worthy of a signature boasting of it) means he has not realised that spamming like that is not acceptable here, whatever other communities may allow.

Let me add, again, that I really hate having to make this topic. I know that the moderators have worried about others in the community thinking that they are too strict; this makes it difficult for them to take a firm hand when necessary. Also, this is not a ban topic. I do not believe checkers has warranted a ban yet. If he shows that he can behave himself then there is no reason he could not remain a member of the community; but that can only happen if he ceases his anti-social posting behaviour.
Neopets wishlists: here
checkers

Post by checkers »

Woah, sorry.
I'll only post when I really want to from now on.

I didn't understand many words you said in that paragraph, but I tried to understand by googling =3
Last edited by checkers on 17 Mar 2007 01:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sureq

Post by sureq »

I frequently visit two forums beside this one (well three, but I only lurk at one) and checkers behaviour would earn him an instant ban in at least one of them.

Considering this I don't think any mod needs to fear that they may be too strict with Checkers - or anyone else acting as he is. They are doing a stand-up job as it is, and I applaud them for what might seem like a thankless job at times.
ImageImage
checkers

Post by checkers »

So...do I just be good and it'd be ok? :S

not
Last edited by checkers on 17 Mar 2007 03:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I... don't get why you don't understand words in Daisy's topic. It's very simple to understand.

I don't think 'being good and it'd be okay' is enough anymore. The mods have asked you on several occasions to 'be good' and it never seems to sink in. I was okay (sort of, in a twitchy, annoyed sort of way) with just the annoying posts, although those got to me after a while. Lately, however, the constant belittling of other members here, starting with the insult to Madge on her art post, have really, really gotten to me.

That and the pointless replies to topics, as on Fjorab's recent topic, the arguing/talking with his brother through topics which is completely unnecessary (not to mention blatantly insulting him), back-seat modding when he of -all- people has no right to be doing so - it all adds up, and lately it's been adding up very, very quickly.

As Daisy already knows, I agree with her 100%. Nothing is working, and something has to be done.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

checkers wrote:Woah, sorry.
I'll only post when I really want to from now on.

I didn't understand many words you said in that paragraph, but I tried to understand by googling =3

I'm only a little older than you, and unless English isn't your first language, I can't see how you wouldn't understand this o.o

EDIT: I went and read his post on Madge's board, and although it was rather rude, it kind of seemed like he didn't realize it. When he posted, I mean.
Last edited by Ellie on 17 Mar 2007 03:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I too, agree with what's been said.

I don't usually say anything, but I think I have to. checkers, you get on my nerves. A lot. I think what really set me off was what was said in Madge's art topic. And the back talking to the mods. And just recently, the completely unecessary post in the most recent topic in aesthetics(the topic name, of which, completely escapes me at the moment). ...But that last one might just be because I'm not a happy person today.

And as for the back-seat modding. When a saw that in the petpet forum, I honestly did a "PFFFT!" irl. That's sad. Because I make a point of not talking to inanimate objects(in this case, my monitor).

Either way, I think something needs to be done. Not a banning, no. But something.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Checkers, you should have only been posting 'when you really want to' in the first place. If you'd look, none of us have a post count by our names, there is no reason to be trying to rack up your posts or anything like that. It just makes you spammy. ESPECIALLY if you admit that you weren't posting because you actually wanted to.

And if you truly, seriously could not understand some of the words in Daisy's post... That is really sad. There was nothing in there that you shouldn't have been able to understand. What didn't you understand, "signature"? "Boasting"? "Frankly"? I'm just picking out words longer than four or five letters, which obviously makes them unintelligible.

I agree that checkers' behavior has been getting quite annoying, especially with the back-seat modding, coming from someone who is the last person I would think capable of, let alone wanted for doing that. I myself have been getting very bothered when I read posts by him, for his patronizing attitude.

So... yes. There're my two cents. (Maybe more like three cents.)
<3
checkers

Post by checkers »

First of shut the hell up, you don't know shit about me.

Second of all you're words are just easy ones that are long you stupid minded fool.
Words like: reluctance, deluge and stuff, not the thing an average 13 year old would know not everyone is well taught adult living in his/her mothers basement. I asked a few people my age that go to my school and they don't know what it means so why don't you zip it. Honestly, this site isn't worth the trouble I don't care personally but the way you're being getting all angry over the internet, now that is sad.
Last edited by checkers on 17 Mar 2007 03:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Well, there's that lovely attitude again. Thanks for making an example of yourself.
<3
checkers

Post by checkers »

Fullmetal Dragon wrote:Well, there's that lovely attitude again. Thanks for making an example of yourself.
You're welcome, and next time you want to try and act hard and big on the internet don't, you just look sadder than people already think you are =/
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

...Calling the people here 'simple minded fools' and other choice words is what got you into this situation in the first place.

I'm not going to start a public argument, but maybe you should sit back and realize that if you showed respect to the members here that have been here FAR longer than you and act FAR more mature, this never would have happened.

...and I'm pretty sure the only person that thinks FMD is 'sad' here is you.
checkers

Post by checkers »

jessibean wrote:I'm not going to start a public argument, but maybe you should sit back and realize that if you showed respect to the members here that have been here FAR longer than you and act FAR more mature, this never would have happened.
Well, uhm...respect people who have been here longer? that rule is bull, so what if you've been here longer? I don't give a damn, noone does that's just a stupid thing to say really, Capitalising things doesn't make an effect, just point it out? the stupid parts right? yeah (: the reason they act 'FAR' more mature is because they are more maturely developed, they're older, they've been around the world longer.

Random but when the hell is the frontpage gonna be fixed? *looks at the trampish appearence of the site*
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

checkers wrote:
jessibean wrote:I'm not going to start a public argument, but maybe you should sit back and realize that if you showed respect to the members here that have been here FAR longer than you and act FAR more mature, this never would have happened.
Well, uhm...respect people who have been here longer? that rule is bull, so what if you've been here longer? I don't give a damn, noone does that's just a stupid thing to say really, Capitalising things doesn't make an effect, just point it out? the stupid parts right? yeah (: the reason they act 'FAR' more mature is because they are more maturely developed, they're older, they've been around the world longer.
Age is no damn excuse on this site. We've had people who started posting here 11, 12, 13 who are beyond well behaved. Jazz was rather young herself when she became Admin (14, 15? one of those numbers) and to hide behind your age is not going to fly here, IMHO.

A question, though. If you think we're all losers with no life, why do you still post here?

checkers wrote: Random but when the hell is the frontpage gonna be fixed? *looks at the trampish appearence of the site*
This forum has been through more in the time it's been around that most. We've dealt with crazies, absent admins, hacking attempts (some successful, some not) and in addition to all of this, we also have actual lives. Anyways, by the age of 13 you should of heard the phrase "Its what is on the inside that counts" and these forums, for the most part, have an extremely mature, intelligent userbase, who do not spam, and do not start arguments for no reason.

I do think something should be done, although I'd go on the more stern end of things.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Up until now I've tried to overlook the spam and such given your age. And also, I had a tough time adapting to the forum as well. I made several subjects over the course of a week when I first came here, but never once was I beligerent when I was told to comply with the rules. I love attention just as much as the next person while not pissing people off so bad by being an attention whore. I'm pissed now. Because you should see how well adi is respected here by what he does and you should be paying attention.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy