Split Krawk

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

So, maybe this is a sign. Maybe they ARE planning something OMG HUGE. Like that plot thing was mentioned in the magazine..

Looks like they missed a line down its mane, its blue.
Nothing To See Here
freekydud

Post by freekydud »

i don't like it....boo hoo for krawk day!

hey should change the way split colors are....like half mutant half faerie...and all neopets get different combinations of colors...
Meeep....
|Neopets||Subeta|
pls...Donate?
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

It is pitiful that we have to be even *grateful* that they didn't just reverse the images and not re-color. I hate the orange color. It is too close to red and would look much nicer tinted towards yellow.

And since it was mentioned... that blue line might as well be neon pink as it burns my eyes just as badly. Mistakes I can understand but releases should be looked at really well for errors and just good aesthetics. Then ugliness such as the snot uni with yellow mane could be avoided and maybe someone would have caught that blue line.
Veo

Post by Veo »

*deep breath*

LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE---

All I need to say.
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

I don't mind them putting a lot of effort into games, but come on! ONE color for Krawk day, and it's a colorfill? And this has been the trend HOW long now?

It's split. It looks like split. Great. Nothing more to say about it, please wake me when they get around to making newer, more interesting colors. Or at least making horrible mistakes on colorfills so I can mock them.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The blue line on the defensive pose is odd, but I think this is more glaring:

The tail-echoes are blue, too. Awwwwesome.
Image Image
Bif

Post by Bif »

Well, all I can say is this - It's the only pet coloured split which I have not cringed at...until I saw the blue line.

What a mistake!

Surely this means that they forgot about Krawk Day because they were working on a HUGE project. Please tell me it's true and I'm not just blindly hoping.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I think the days of giving Neopets the benefit of the doubt are over. It just isn't a pet site any more.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Well, I can't believe that I'm saying this...

They give us one craptacular colourfill and can't even be bothered to release Invisible as a second colour?!?!?

Invisible? How much freaking work is that?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Seriously, you guys are ungrateful.

I think this is actually quite nice. It isn't as eye-hurting as some of the Split pets I've seen-- in most poses, the purple looks like an unusual highlight rather than an actual clash. Although I'd love to see a split pet one of these days that was differently coloured. Maybe a deep blue and white Jetsam, or something.

And, hold the 'phone. You think that the reason for a lack of pet colours is because TNT are busy. Oh no! Whatever shall we do! Since I have no idea what they could possibly be busy with. Eating cookies, maybe, or playing office tournaments of Kou-Jong. Because, y'know, they only work for NEOPETS, so there's no POSSIBILITY they could be working on new plots and revamps and events and games and items for, you know, US to play with.

I mean, what gives?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It's difficult to see exactly what else they might have done- looking at the colours they don't have, krawks are missing:

Baby (and TNT have already said they won't ever do baby because of the krawk petpet)
Biscuit
Camo
Chocolate
Desert
Glowing
Gold
Ice
Invisible (pah)
Jelly
Robot
Silver
Sketch
Snot
Snow
Sponge

At least half of those are novelty colours- the only possible redraws are robot and desert, which is more often not a redraw but just a pet with accessories.

I think it sucks that they couldn't come up with more than one colour but having said that, I wouldn't have wanted anything they had done. If you had a krawk you really wanted to be silver or camo, I suppose you'd be annoyed.

The split krawk itself is fairly average, it isn't perfect in every pose and it isn't spectacular, but it isn't craptacular either with wonky colours all over the place and switching left and right sides between purple and orange.
Neopets wishlists: here
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

....I kinda think it's neat. I quite like it actually. It could be my soft spot for crocodiles and aligators, but I think it actually looks quite nice. I totally forgot split exists though.

I'm not sure if I'd be willing to pay a ton of money for it, but I still quite like it. Now I kind of want a split Krawk.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Seriously, you guys are ungrateful.
Ungrateful? o_O God forbid a pet site puts effort into its actual pets. I can't remember the last time there was a decent pet day at all. I've got plots coming out my ears and enough games to give me high blood pressure. What I'd quite like from neoPETS is some more good pet stuff thanks, colours, new stuff to do with them. Anything to stop my pets from just sitting there bored out of their skulls.

As for Krawks, I was hoping for Desert, Camo or Snow, all of which are capable of being rather charming colours. I can't say I'm surprised though and I'm preparing myself to be utterly underwhelmed by Lutari Day. I'd love to be surprised.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

Phew, another Krawk day and no Invisible.

Theres some interesting shading going on in this Krawk. The colours also look much darker tha they do on other Split pets. I don't think it looks that bad, I'm a bit disappointed in it but Krawks had most of the good colours already.

Of course I'll still be rooting for a Faerie Krawk redraw, I like it but it just looks like they added wings and hair to a non-redrawn Krawk.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

I'm also one of the ones who believed that it already existed a splitted krawk outhere O_o (probably shoopkeeper or buddy icon related)

The battledome poses are ver darky of shades, and that tail wag, with no cinetic lines, resembles that the tail got bug wings, lol.
ImageImageImage