Subeta : DM Demi revamp + Bloodred Escalade

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Iggy

Subeta : DM Demi revamp + Bloodred Escalade

Post by Iggy »

Artwise, this is superior to the old one. However, I'm not really fond of the position itself. (The old DM Demi was standing, and the small Dark Matter were around its neck, in a circle shape.)

Therefore, I'm not sure if I like the DM being at an angle. I like the fact it seems to be pounding on a DM blob with its paw. The vacant stare is also pretty good, the eyes seems glassy and tarnished

I currently have one, and I'm pretty sure I'm not keeping mine.

I never got the point of giving most bloodred pets a red eye and a green eye. However, the Escalade seems to be gooey, like it should be. I can even feel the smell of blood from here.

I really like it, even though Escalades are not my favorite pets
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

I'm typically not one for Bloodred pets, but I think the BR Escalade looks really nice. It's still not something I'd get for myself... but it's really nice.

The DM Demi looks okay to me. I'm not wild about the kinda-necklace of Dark Matters around his neck.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Anubimon wrote:The DM Demi looks okay to me. I'm not wild about the kinda-necklace of Dark Matters around his neck.
The original DM Demi also had it, but it was smaller and more subtle. It was...one of the reasons why I got one in the first place, 6 weeks ago.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wasn't the DM Demi fairly new? It seems soon to repose and redraw it entirely. I never actually liked it much, but I know that some did. I think it's better now--the tail with its tiny three dots is adorable, and the hind paws, awww.

Oh, and the Escalade--brilliant, wonderful, so much of an improvement that it's laughable to compare it to the original.
Image Image
checkers

Post by checkers »

Darkmatter Demi have always looked like that...it's the Bloodred Demi that got a Revamp.

Bloodred Escalade are appealing to me.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

checkers wrote:Darkmatter Demi have always looked like that...it's the Bloodred Demi that got a Revamp.
If you do not see the new art, clean your cache.

Because yeps, it was revamped today.

=)

*owns a DM Demi*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I like the DM Demi revamp, they look so vacant. I imagine DM pets to be kinda brainwashed by the DM. But what exactly IS Dark Matter? Like what does it do? I thought dark matter was a term to do with space, where you can't see it, but the areas around it are being sucked in, but that's a black hole I think.

About the Blood Red Escalade, was there one of these before Ty? I didn't think there was, but you may be right.

I like the detail of it, how the blood looks very real and shiny and drippy. I almost want one. Something about it makes me want to say 'Stand on your feet' because, to me, it looks like only one of its feet are on the ground, it makes me wonder if it is floating, it's kinda odd. I think the back legs are meant to be on the ground, but they don't look like they are to me.

EDIT: checkers, it's even in the news ^_~
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think the bloodred escalade before was just a red and black thing. Not redrawn, not even bloody, I thiiiink. But it was hideous and I'd put it out of my mind.
Image Image
checkers

Post by checkers »

Iggy wrote:
checkers wrote:Darkmatter Demi have always looked like that...it's the Bloodred Demi that got a Revamp.
If you do not see the new art, clean your cache.

Because yeps, it was revamped today.

=)

*owns a DM Demi*
OMG noooooo! I cleared Cache! I was going to get a darkmatter demi once, but ew the new pose it uglooh. o__o *wishes he didn't clear cache*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the pose on the old demi better. It's left front leg looks like it ends in a stump. I'm not too crazy about the escalade either, but bloodred isn't one of my favorite colors anyway.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I didn't like the dm Demi as much at first glance, but, it's growing on me. The expression is very nifty, and as Ty said, the back paws are very cool as well. I do think Iggy is right though and the necklace is too large; it was the reason I didn't care for the revamp as much as the original immediately. I think it's that the dark matter directly under the Demi's chin is so large - I think if it were switched out with the smaller one immediately to the right I'd like it more.

But overall the pet and its lovely expression are growing on me.

The Escalade however never needed even a second to grow on me - it's beyond fantastic. So, so shiny and ebil. You totally rock, FMD.

*admires it from far, far away*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

:o I just remembered what the Dark Matter Demi looked like!

Checkers had one on paint earlier, he asked me which of the DMs were best that he had I think, I remember Demi looked much more evil looking than now didn't they? And they were standing.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

I'm not going to own either pet, but I did seriously consider owning a DM Demi...I'm glad I chose the Montre instead now. It's an okay pose, but I liked the old one better, it looked kinda like the Reborn.

The bloodred escalade is okay, but I'm not screaming and demanding it. Oh well, Gantriell is happy at any rate.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I love how gorgeously crimson the Escalade's tail is. Crimson is such a sexy colour, yet most bloodred pets manage to butcher it. This is how it should be. Mrrrawr. Excellent work, FMD!

The Demi's mouth is bugging the hell out of me. I think it's frowning, but the way it's shaded makes it looks like a smile with a little black fang. It keeps switching between the two every time I glance at it, and it's sort of making me twitchy. And I agree with Kamil, I don't like the position of the biggest darkmatter. It makes the necklace look imbalanced, like it's about to tip off the Demi's head.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm loving the Bloodred Escalade. The expression, the colors, even the way it looks like it's floating is perfect for Dakori's personality...must get!

The posing for the DM Demi is confusing as hell. No matter how long I look at it, I can't seem to comprehend its posing. And the necklace seems way too big...